How to buy BKI Investment Company shares | A$1.365
Own BKI Investment Company shares in just a few minutes.
BKI Investment Company Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. BKI Investment Company shares (BKI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.365 – a decrease of 0.73% over the previous week. BKI Investment Company has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $46.7 million.
How to buy shares in BKI Investment Company
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for BKI Investment Company. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BKI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until BKI Investment Company reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.365, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of BKI Investment Company. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- BKI Investment Company key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is BKI Investment Company stock a buy or sell?
- BKI Investment Company performance over time
- Are BKI Investment Company shares over-valued?
- BKI Investment Company's financials
- How volatile are BKI Investment Company shares?
- Does BKI Investment Company pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted BKI Investment Company's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, BKI Investment Company's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.365, which is 18.02% down on its pre-crash value of $1.665 and 32.52% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.03.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of BKI Investment Company shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $615.84 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $800.59.
BKI Investment Company share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BKI stocks over time.
BKI Investment Company shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.365|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.03 - AUDA$1.74|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.3899|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.371|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.05 (3.44%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.066|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy BKI Investment Company stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
BKI Investment Company price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||0.37%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-2.50%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||-1.09%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||21.33%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-15.22%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-10.78%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-17.02%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-14.42%|
Is BKI Investment Company under- or over-valued?
Valuing BKI Investment Company stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of BKI Investment Company's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
BKI Investment Company's P/E ratio
BKI Investment Company's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, BKI Investment Company shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
BKI Investment Company financials
|Revenue TTM||$46.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||95.65%|
|Gross profit TTM||$46.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.36%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.41%|
|Market capitalisation||$1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
BKI Investment Company share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 110.48% of net profits
Recently BKI Investment Company has paid out, on average, around 110.48% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.44% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), BKI Investment Company shareholders could enjoy a 3.44% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In BKI Investment Company's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
BKI Investment Company's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 6 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
BKI Investment Company share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, BKI Investment Company's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.03 up to $1.74. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while BKI Investment Company's is 0.6904. This would suggest that BKI Investment Company's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
BKI Investment Company overview
BKI Investment Company Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm invests in the public equity markets. It invest in the stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. It also invest in well managed, quality Australian companies. The firm primarily invests in dividend paying stocks of companies. It employs bottom up approach with a focus on merits of individual companies rather than market and economic trends to create its portfolio. The firm conducts in-house research to make its investments. BKI Investment Company Limited was formed on October 17, 2003 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert