How to buy BKI Investment Company (BKI) shares
Learn how to easily invest in BKI Investment Company shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
BKI Investment Company Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. BKI Investment Company shares (BKI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. BKI Investment Company has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $40.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in BKI Investment Company
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for BKI Investment Company. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BKI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until BKI Investment Company reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of BKI Investment Company. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- BKI Investment Company key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is BKI Investment Company stock a buy or sell?
- BKI Investment Company performance over time
- Are BKI Investment Company shares over-valued?
- BKI Investment Company's financials
- How volatile are BKI Investment Company shares?
- Does BKI Investment Company pay a dividend?
- Have BKI Investment Company shares ever split?
- Other common questions
BKI Investment Company stock price (ASX:BKI)Use our graph to track the performance of BKI stocks over time.
BKI Investment Company shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.3376 - $1.665|
|50-day moving average||$1.621|
|200-day moving average||$1.5811|
|Dividend yield||$0.05 (3.09%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.05|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy BKI Investment Company stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
BKI Investment Company price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-15)||0.62%|
|1 month (2021-09-24)||-0.92%|
|3 months (2021-07-25)||-1.22%|
|6 months (2021-04-23)||9.46%|
|1 year (2020-10-23)||14.08%|
|2 years (2019-10-24)||-2.99%|
|3 years (2018-10-24)||8.00%|
|5 years (2016-10-24)||3.51%|
Is BKI Investment Company under- or over-valued?
Valuing BKI Investment Company stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of BKI Investment Company's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
BKI Investment Company's P/E ratio
BKI Investment Company's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 32x. In other words, BKI Investment Company shares trade at around 32x recent earnings.
That's comparable to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14).
BKI Investment Company financials
|Revenue TTM||$40.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||95.07%|
|Gross profit TTM||$40.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.99%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
BKI Investment Company share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 100% of net profits
Recently BKI Investment Company has paid out, on average, around 100% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.7% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), BKI Investment Company shareholders could enjoy a 3.7% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In BKI Investment Company's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
BKI Investment Company's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 5 August 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have BKI Investment Company's shares ever split?
BKI Investment Company's shares were split on 27 March 2007.
BKI Investment Company share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, BKI Investment Company's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.3376 up to $1.665. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while BKI Investment Company's is 0.6595. This would suggest that BKI Investment Company's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
BKI Investment Company overview
BKI Investment Company Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm invests in the public equity markets. It invest in the stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. It also invest in well managed, quality Australian companies. The firm primarily invests in dividend paying stocks of companies. It employs bottom up approach with a focus on merits of individual companies rather than market and economic trends to create its portfolio. The firm conducts in-house research to make its investments. BKI Investment Company Limited was formed on October 17, 2003 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
BKI Investment Company in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $39.51
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert