How to buy Bisalloy Steel Group shares | A$0.995
Own Bisalloy Steel Group shares in just a few minutes.
Bisalloy Steel Group Limited is a steel business based in Australia. Bisalloy Steel Group shares (BIS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.995 – an increase of 0.51% over the previous week. Bisalloy Steel Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $110.7 million.
How to buy shares in Bisalloy Steel Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Bisalloy Steel Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BIS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bisalloy Steel Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.995, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bisalloy Steel Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Bisalloy Steel Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Bisalloy Steel Group stock a buy or sell?
- Bisalloy Steel Group performance over time
- Are Bisalloy Steel Group shares over-valued?
- Bisalloy Steel Group's financials
- How volatile are Bisalloy Steel Group shares?
- Does Bisalloy Steel Group pay a dividend?
- Have Bisalloy Steel Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Bisalloy Steel Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Bisalloy Steel Group's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.995, which is 4.02% up on its pre-crash value of $0.955 and 63.11% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.61.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Bisalloy Steel Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $590.48 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $947.62.
Bisalloy Steel Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BIS stocks over time.
Bisalloy Steel Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.995|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.61 - AUDA$1.2|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.069|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.9305|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.05 (5.08%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.143|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Bisalloy Steel Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bisalloy Steel Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-10)||-2.93%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||-9.95%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||6.99%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||38.19%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-7.01%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||6.99%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||38.19%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||73.04%|
Is Bisalloy Steel Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Bisalloy Steel Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Bisalloy Steel Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Bisalloy Steel Group's P/E ratio
Bisalloy Steel Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 7x. In other words, Bisalloy Steel Group shares trade at around 7x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Bisalloy Steel Group's EBITDA
Bisalloy Steel Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $10.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Bisalloy Steel Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Bisalloy Steel Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$110.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.14%|
|Gross profit TTM||$23.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.89%|
|Return on equity TTM||17.56%|
|Market capitalisation||$44.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Bisalloy Steel Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 27.97% of net profits
Recently Bisalloy Steel Group has paid out, on average, around 27.97% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.08% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Bisalloy Steel Group shareholders could enjoy a 5.08% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Bisalloy Steel Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
While Bisalloy Steel Group's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Bisalloy Steel Group may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 2 November 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Bisalloy Steel Group's shares ever split?
Bisalloy Steel Group's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 9 January 2012. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Bisalloy Steel Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Bisalloy Steel Group shares which in turn could have impacted Bisalloy Steel Group's share price.
Bisalloy Steel Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bisalloy Steel Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.61 up to $1.2. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Bisalloy Steel Group's is 1.0205. This would suggest that Bisalloy Steel Group's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Bisalloy Steel Group overview
Bisalloy Steel Group Limited processes and sells quenched and tempered, high-tensile, and abrasion resistant steel plates under the BISALLOY brand name. It offers wear, structural, and armor grade specialty steels, as well as protection steel products. Bisalloy Steel Group Limited markets its products through distributors and agents, as well as directly to original equipment manufacturers in Australia and internationally. The company was formerly known as Atlas Group Holdings Limited and changed its name to Bisalloy Steel Group Limited in November 2008. Bisalloy Steel Group Limited was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in Unanderra, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert