How to buy Bio-Gene Technology shares | A$0.195
Own Bio-Gene Technology shares in just a few minutes.
Bio-Gene Technology Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Bio-Gene Technology shares (BGT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.195 – the same closing value as a week prior. Bio-Gene Technology has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $122,795.
How to buy shares in Bio-Gene Technology
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Bio-Gene Technology. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BGT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bio-Gene Technology reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.195, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bio-Gene Technology. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Bio-Gene Technology's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Bio-Gene Technology's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.195, which is 4.88% down on its pre-crash value of $0.205 and 95.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.1.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Bio-Gene Technology shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $567.57 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,054.05.
Bio-Gene Technology share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BGT stocks over time.
Bio-Gene Technology shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.195|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.1 - AUDA$0.32|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1517|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1522|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.018|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Bio-Gene Technology stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bio-Gene Technology price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||0%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||44.44%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||50.00%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||56.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||30.00%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||50.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-25)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-25)||N/A|
Bio-Gene Technology financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-85,895|
|Return on assets TTM||-21.6%|
|Return on equity TTM||-35.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$29.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Bio-Gene Technology share dividends
We're not expecting Bio-Gene Technology to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Bio-Gene Technology share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bio-Gene Technology's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.1 up to $0.32. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Bio-Gene Technology's is 0.3741. This would suggest that Bio-Gene Technology's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Bio-Gene Technology overview
Bio-Gene Technology Limited, a biotechnology company, engages in developing insecticides/pesticides for animal health, crop protection, public health, and consumer applications in Australia. It is involved in developing Flavocide, a beta-triketone insecticide product; and Qcide, a natural oil extracted from the leaves of rare eucalyptus trees. The company has a research collaboration agreement with James Cook University for the development of a tissue culture system to support the expansion of tree plantations and scale-up of future Qcide oil production. It also has collaborations with Pacific Discovery Services for studying Flavocide's mode of action; and the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for assessing activity against grain storage pests. Bio-Gene Technology Limited was incorporated in 1995 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert