Bilibili Inc is an electronic gaming & multimedia business with stocks listed in the US. Bilibili shares (BILI) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$44.22 – an increase of 2.79% over the previous week.
How to buy shares in Bilibili
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Bilibili. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BILI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bilibili reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$44.22, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Bilibili, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bilibili. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Bilibili's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Bilibili's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was US$44.22, which is 39.21% up on its pre-crash value of US$26.88 and 129.71% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as US$19.25.
If you had bought US$1,000 worth of Bilibili shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth US$879.28 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth US$1,919.15.
Bilibili share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BILI stocks over time.
Bilibili shares at a glance
|Latest market close||USD$44.22|
|52-week range||USD$13.23 - USD$54|
|50-day moving average||USD$44.5847|
|200-day moving average||USD$35.4649|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$-0.827|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Bilibili stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bilibili price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||2.79%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||-2.32%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||-1.12%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||112.19%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||192.85%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||234.49%|
|3 years (2017-09-15)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-15)||N/A|
|Gross profit TTM||US$1.2 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.2%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21%|
|Market capitalisation||US$15.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Bilibili shares
There are currently 23.9 million Bilibili shares held short by investors – that's known as Bilibili's "short interest". This figure is 11.9% up from 21.4 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Bilibili shares can be evaluated.
Bilibili's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Bilibili's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Bilibili shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Bilibili shares traded daily (recently around 5.5 million). Bilibili's SIR currently stands at 4.31. In other words for every 100,000 Bilibili shares traded daily on the market, roughly 4310 shares are currently held short.
However Bilibili's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Bilibili shares, or, against the total number of tradable Bilibili shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Bilibili's short interest could be expressed as 0.06% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Bilibili shares in existence, roughly 60 shares are currently held short) or 0% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Bilibili shares, roughly 0 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Bilibili.
Find out more about how you can short Bilibili stock.
Bilibili share dividends
We're not expecting Bilibili to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Bilibili share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bilibili's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$13.23 up to US$54. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Bilibili's is 1.0563. This would suggest that Bilibili's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Bilibili Inc. provides online entertainment services for the young generations in the People's Republic of China. It offers a platform that covers a range of genres and media formats, including videos, live broadcasting, and mobile games. Bilibili Inc. has a strategic collaboration agreement with Tencent Holdings Limited for sharing and operating existing and additional anime and games on its platform in China. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Shanghai, the People's Republic of China.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert