How to buy BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund units | A$27.57
Own BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund units in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund is an exchange traded fund listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Its last market close was $27.57 – an increase of 4.51% over the previous week. All prices are listed in Australian Dollars.
How to buy BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund units
- Compare online brokers. To invest in exchange traded funds (ETFs) listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to an ETF broker platform with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund. Find the ETF by name or ticker symbol: GEAR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $27.57, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you've invested in the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-18)||NAN|
|1 month (2021-05-25)||NAN|
|3 months (2021-03-25)||NAN|
|6 months (2020-12-24)||NAN|
|1 year (2020-06-25)||NAN|
|2 years (2019-06-25)||NAN|
|3 years (2018-06-25)||NAN|
|5 years (2016-06-24)||NAN|
How has coronavirus impacted the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund unit price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund unit price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $27.57, which is 7.39% down on its pre-crash value of $29.77 and 206.33% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the unit price fell as low as $9.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund units at the start of February 2020, those units would have been worth $361.08 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $992.52.
BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund unit priceUse our graph to track the performance of GEAR stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian ETFs
Zero brokerage ETF offer
Pay zero commissions when you invest in Australian ETFs and trade ASX stocks with a $5 flat fee.
- Zero brokerage for Australian ETFs
- Cheap $5 flat fee for ASX stocks
- Low $100 minimum investment
- No monthly fee for basic account
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare online ETF brokers
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund unit price volatility
Over the last 12 months, the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund's units have ranged in value from as little as $16.29 up to $28.03. A popular way to gauge an ETF's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund's is 2.24. This would suggest that the BetaShares Geared Australian Equity Fund Hedge Fund is significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
More guides on Finder
How to get $90.95 off Nintendo Switch with Amazon Prime
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: All the best deals from Day 2
Here are all the best deals from Amazon Prime Day Australia's second day - including the return of dirt-cheap Nintendo Switch consoles.
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From Segways to stand-up paddleboards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone keep raising their prices even as the rest of the market is more affordable than ever.
VR gaming deal: $77 off the Oculus Quest 2
Amazon is selling the standalone Oculus Quest 2 virtual-reality headset for $432.12. You can also score $77 off the 256GB version.
Ask an Expert