How to buy Berkeley Energia shares
Own Berkeley Energia shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Berkeley Energia Limited is an uranium business based in Australia. Berkeley Energia shares (BKY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Berkeley Energia has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.3 million..
How to buy shares in Berkeley Energia
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Berkeley Energia. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BKY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Berkeley Energia reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.415, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Berkeley Energia. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Berkeley Energia key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Berkeley Energia stock a buy or sell?
- Berkeley Energia performance over time
- Are Berkeley Energia shares over-valued?
- Berkeley Energia's financials
- How volatile are Berkeley Energia shares?
- Does Berkeley Energia pay a dividend?
- Have Berkeley Energia shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Berkeley Energia share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BKY stocks over time.
Berkeley Energia shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.1 - $1|
|50-day moving average||$0.7172|
|200-day moving average||$0.4803|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.096|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Berkeley Energia stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Berkeley Energia price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||-38.97%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||-35.16%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||5.06%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||-25.89%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||107.50%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||2.47%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-53.37%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-9.78%|
Is Berkeley Energia under- or over-valued?
Valuing Berkeley Energia stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Berkeley Energia's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Berkeley Energia's P/E ratio
Berkeley Energia's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, Berkeley Energia shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Berkeley Energia financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.25%|
|Return on equity TTM||-74.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$107.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Berkeley Energia share dividends
We're not expecting Berkeley Energia to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Berkeley Energia's shares ever split?
Berkeley Energia's shares were split on 13 March 2009.
Berkeley Energia share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Berkeley Energia's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.1 up to $1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Berkeley Energia's is 3.5049. This would suggest that Berkeley Energia's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Berkeley Energia overview
Berkeley Energia Limited engages in the exploration and development of uranium properties in Spain. It primarily holds interest in the Salamanca project located in western Spain. The company was formerly known as Berkeley Energy Limited and changed its name to Berkeley Energia Limited in November 2015. Berkeley Energia Limited was incorporated in 1991 and is headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
From the best overall face moisturiser for dry skin to the best body moisturiser, hand moisturiser and tinted moisturiser for dry skin, these are the best 7 moisturisers for dry skin you can buy in Australia right now.
Best RC planes in Australia
From the best RC plane for beginners to the top model for aerial photography, these are the six best RC planes in Australia right now.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Berkeley Energia units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
Ask an Expert