How to buy Beam Communications Holdings shares | A$0.24
Own Beam Communications Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
Beam Communications Holdings Limited is a communication equipment business based in Australia. Beam Communications Holdings shares (BCC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.24 – a decrease of 4% over the previous week. Beam Communications Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $14.9 million.
How to buy shares in Beam Communications Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Beam Communications Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BCC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Beam Communications Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.24, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Beam Communications Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Beam Communications Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Beam Communications Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Beam Communications Holdings performance over time
- Are Beam Communications Holdings shares over-valued?
- Beam Communications Holdings's financials
- How volatile are Beam Communications Holdings shares?
- Does Beam Communications Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Beam Communications Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Beam Communications Holdings's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Beam Communications Holdings's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.24, which is 7.69% down on its pre-crash value of $0.26 and 60.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.15.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Beam Communications Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $562.50 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $750.00.
Beam Communications Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BCC stocks over time.
Beam Communications Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.24|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.15 - AUDA$0.365|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.234|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1912|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Beam Communications Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Beam Communications Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-2.04%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||2.13%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||33.33%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||11.63%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||100.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||9.09%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-31.43%|
Is Beam Communications Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Beam Communications Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Beam Communications Holdings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Beam Communications Holdings's P/E ratio
Beam Communications Holdings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 36x. In other words, Beam Communications Holdings shares trade at around 36x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Beam Communications Holdings's EBITDA
Beam Communications Holdings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.5 million (£829,087).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Beam Communications Holdings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Beam Communications Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$14.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||9.64%|
|Gross profit TTM||$6.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.73%|
|Return on equity TTM||-23.61%|
|Market capitalisation||$13 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Beam Communications Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Beam Communications Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Beam Communications Holdings's shares ever split?
Beam Communications Holdings's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 2 July 2012. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Beam Communications Holdings shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Beam Communications Holdings shares which in turn could have impacted Beam Communications Holdings's share price.
Beam Communications Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Beam Communications Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.15 up to $0.365. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Beam Communications Holdings's is 0.3193. This would suggest that Beam Communications Holdings's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Beam Communications Holdings overview
Beam Communications Holdings Limited designs, develops, manufactures, sells, and distributes a range of satellite communication terminals, docking units, and handheld phone accessories. It also offers push-to-talk products, modems, antennas, and cables; gateways and cellular antennas; and data airtime services. The company sells its products through SatPhone Shop, an online retail store. It operates in Australia, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, China, Canada, Japan, and internationally. The company was formerly known as World Reach Limited and changed its name to Beam Communications Holdings Limited in November 2018. Beam Communications Holdings Limited was incorporated in 1985 and is based in Mulgrave, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert