How to buy Beacon Minerals shares
Own Beacon Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Beacon Minerals Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Beacon Minerals shares (BCN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Beacon Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $42.8 million..
How to buy shares in Beacon Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Beacon Minerals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BCN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Beacon Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.038, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Beacon Minerals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Beacon Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Beacon Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Beacon Minerals performance over time
- Are Beacon Minerals shares over-valued?
- Beacon Minerals's financials
- How volatile are Beacon Minerals shares?
- Does Beacon Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Beacon Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Beacon Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BCN stocks over time.
Beacon Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.025 - $0.045|
|50-day moving average||$0.0373|
|200-day moving average||$0.0374|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Beacon Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Beacon Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||5.56%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||5.56%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||2.70%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||5.56%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||4.11%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||103.21%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||142.04%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||N/A|
Is Beacon Minerals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Beacon Minerals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Beacon Minerals's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Beacon Minerals's P/E ratio
Beacon Minerals's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 12x. In other words, Beacon Minerals shares trade at around 12x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Beacon Minerals's EBITDA
Beacon Minerals's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $12.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Beacon Minerals's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Beacon Minerals financials
|Revenue TTM||$42.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||26.65%|
|Gross profit TTM||$13.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||18.38%|
|Return on equity TTM||63.47%|
|Market capitalisation||$106.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Beacon Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Beacon Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Beacon Minerals's shares ever split?
Beacon Minerals's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 28 November 2016. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Beacon Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Beacon Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Beacon Minerals's share price.
Beacon Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Beacon Minerals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.025 up to $0.045. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Beacon Minerals's is 1.2952. This would suggest that Beacon Minerals's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Beacon Minerals overview
Beacon Minerals Limited engages in the mineral exploration, development, and production activities in Western Australia. It holds a 100% interest in the Jaurdi gold project located to the north west of Coolgardie. The company was incorporated in 2006 and is based in Boulder, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Beacon Minerals units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert