How to buy Beacon Lighting Group shares | A$1.26
Own Beacon Lighting Group shares in just a few minutes.
Beacon Lighting Group Limited is a specialty retail business based in Australia. Beacon Lighting Group shares (BLX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.26 – an increase of 2.02% over the previous week. Beacon Lighting Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $253.3 million.
How to buy shares in Beacon Lighting Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Beacon Lighting Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BLX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Beacon Lighting Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.26, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Beacon Lighting Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Beacon Lighting Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Beacon Lighting Group stock a buy or sell?
- Beacon Lighting Group performance over time
- Are Beacon Lighting Group shares over-valued?
- Beacon Lighting Group's financials
- How volatile are Beacon Lighting Group shares?
- Does Beacon Lighting Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Beacon Lighting Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Beacon Lighting Group's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.26, which is 15.87% up on its pre-crash value of $1.06 and 223.08% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.39.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Beacon Lighting Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $419.05 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,200.00.
Beacon Lighting Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BLX stocks over time.
Beacon Lighting Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.26|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.39 - AUDA$1.4|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.2053|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.9396|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.05 (3.9%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.101|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Beacon Lighting Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Beacon Lighting Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||2.44%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-3.08%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||12.50%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||121.05%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||9.57%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-10.64%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-13.10%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-34.03%|
Is Beacon Lighting Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Beacon Lighting Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Beacon Lighting Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Beacon Lighting Group's P/E ratio
Beacon Lighting Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 12x. In other words, Beacon Lighting Group shares trade at around 12x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Beacon Lighting Group's EBITDA
Beacon Lighting Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $34.7 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Beacon Lighting Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Beacon Lighting Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$253.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||11.96%|
|Gross profit TTM||$162.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||8.76%|
|Return on equity TTM||26.12%|
|Market capitalisation||$273.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Beacon Lighting Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 45.54% of net profits
Recently Beacon Lighting Group has paid out, on average, around 45.54% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.9% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Beacon Lighting Group shareholders could enjoy a 3.9% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Beacon Lighting Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
While Beacon Lighting Group's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Beacon Lighting Group may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 3 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Beacon Lighting Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Beacon Lighting Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.39 up to $1.4. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Beacon Lighting Group's is 1.4289. This would suggest that Beacon Lighting Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Beacon Lighting Group overview
Beacon Lighting Group Limited operates as a specialist retailer of lighting products in Australia and internationally. It designs, develops, sources, imports, distributes, merchandises, promotes, and sells light fittings, ceiling fans, and light globes, as well as energy products. The company's products include pendants, table lamps, floor lamps, ceiling fans, chandeliers, exteriors, globes, down lights, wall lights, spotlights, bathroom lighting products, batten fixes, flush mounts, accessories, and solar panels. It serves middle to upper residential lighting market. The company operates through a network of 106 company stores, 4 franchised stores, and 4 commercial sales offices. It also offers its products online. Beacon Lighting Group Limited was founded in 1967 and is based in Mulgrave, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert