How to buy Bathurst Resources (BRL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Bathurst Resources shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bathurst Resources is a coking coal business based in Australia. Bathurst Resources shares (BRL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Bathurst Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $43.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Bathurst Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Bathurst Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BRL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bathurst Resources reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bathurst Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Bathurst Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Bathurst Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Bathurst Resources performance over time
- Are Bathurst Resources shares over-valued?
- Bathurst Resources's financials
- How volatile are Bathurst Resources shares?
- Does Bathurst Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Bathurst Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Bathurst Resources stock price (ASX:BRL)Use our graph to track the performance of BRL stocks over time.
Bathurst Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.3 - $81|
|50-day moving average||$1.2593|
|200-day moving average||$0.9265|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.328|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Bathurst Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bathurst Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||-9.13%|
|1 month (2022-05-25)||-18.59%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||2.34%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||50.00%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||160.71%|
|2 years (2020-06-25)||-78.94%|
|3 years (2019-06-25)||-90.88%|
|5 years (2017-06-23)||-87.83%|
Is Bathurst Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Bathurst Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Bathurst Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Bathurst Resources's P/E ratio
Bathurst Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 3x. In other words, Bathurst Resources shares trade at around 3x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Bathurst Resources's EBITDA
Bathurst Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Bathurst Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Bathurst Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$43.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$10 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||69.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$217.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Bathurst Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Bathurst Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Bathurst Resources's shares ever split?
Bathurst Resources's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 9 April 2021. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Bathurst Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Bathurst Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Bathurst Resources's share price.
Bathurst Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bathurst Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.3 up to $81. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Bathurst Resources's is 0.5325. This would suggest that Bathurst Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Bathurst Resources overview
Bathurst Resources Limited engages in the exploration, development, and production of coal in New Zealand. It also exports coal. The company was formerly known as Bathurst Resources (New Zealand) Limited and changed its name to Bathurst Resources Limited in December 2013. Bathurst Resources Limited was incorporated in 2013 and is based in Wellington, New Zealand.
Stocks similar to Bathurst Resources
Bathurst Resources in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert