How to buy Base Resources shares
Own Base Resources shares in just a few minutes.
Base Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Base Resources shares (BSE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Base Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $208 million.
How to buy shares in Base Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Base Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BSE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Base Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Base Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Base Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BSE stocks over time.
Base Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.12 - AUDA$0.31|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2651|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1901|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (13.73%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.033|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Base Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Base Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Base Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Base Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Base Resources's P/E ratio
Base Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, Base Resources shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Base Resources's EBITDA
Base Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $108.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Base Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Base Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$208 million|
|Operating margin TTM||25.11%|
|Gross profit TTM||$68.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.59%|
|Market capitalisation||$306.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Base Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Base Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Base Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Base Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.12 up to $0.31. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Base Resources's is 0.6518. This would suggest that Base Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Base Resources overview
Base Resources Limited produces and sells mineral sands in Africa. It produces mineral sands, such as rutile, ilmenite, and zircon. The company primarily owns 100% interests in the Kwale Mineral Sands project located in Kenya; and develops the Toliara project located in Madagascar. The company was formerly known as Base Iron Limited and changed its name to Base Resources Limited in 2010. Base Resources Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert