How to buy Barra Resources shares | A$0.026
Own Barra Resources shares in just a few minutes.
Barra Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Barra Resources shares (BAR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.026 – an increase of 36.84% over the previous week. Barra Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $81,076.
How to buy shares in Barra Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Barra Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BAR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Barra Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.026, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Barra Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Barra Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Barra Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.026, which is 19.23% up on its pre-crash value of $0.021 and 160.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.01.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Barra Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $750.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,300.00.
Barra Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BAR stocks over time.
Barra Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.026|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.01 - AUDA$0.033|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0249|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0189|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Barra Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Barra Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||36.84%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||4.00%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||52.94%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||85.71%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||18.18%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-35.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-61.76%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||188.89%|
Barra Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$5,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.15%|
|Return on equity TTM||-6.34%|
|Market capitalisation||$16.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Barra Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Barra Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Barra Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Barra Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.01 up to $0.033. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Barra Resources's is 0.7271. This would suggest that Barra Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Barra Resources overview
Barra Resources Limited explores for and develops mineral resources projects in Western Australia. The company explores for gold, nickel, and cobalt. It holds a 100% interest in the Burbanks gold project situated at the southeast of Coolgardie; and the Phillips Find gold project located in north-northwest of Coolgardie. The company also holds 50% interest in the Mt Thirsty cobalt-nickel project located to the northwest of Norseman, Western Australia. Barra Resources Limited was incorporated in 2000 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert