How to buy Babylon Pump & Power shares | A$0.027
Own Babylon Pump & Power shares in just a few minutes.
Babylon Pump & Power Limited is a rental & leasing services business based in Australia. Babylon Pump & Power shares (BPP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.027 – a decrease of 10% over the previous week. Babylon Pump & Power has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $17.2 million.
How to buy shares in Babylon Pump & Power
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Babylon Pump & Power. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BPP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Babylon Pump & Power reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.027, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Babylon Pump & Power. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Babylon Pump & Power key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Babylon Pump & Power stock a buy or sell?
- Babylon Pump & Power performance over time
- Babylon Pump & Power's financials
- How volatile are Babylon Pump & Power shares?
- Does Babylon Pump & Power pay a dividend?
- Have Babylon Pump & Power shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Babylon Pump & Power's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Babylon Pump & Power's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.027, which is 37.04% up on its pre-crash value of $0.017 and 107.69% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.013.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Babylon Pump & Power shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $823.53 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,588.24.
Babylon Pump & Power share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BPP stocks over time.
Babylon Pump & Power shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.027|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.013 - AUDA$0.036|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0279|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0191|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Babylon Pump & Power stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Babylon Pump & Power price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-10)||-10.00%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||0.027|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||92.86%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||80.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||50.00%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||50.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-19)||35.00%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||35.00%|
Is Babylon Pump & Power under- or over-valued?
Valuing Babylon Pump & Power stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Babylon Pump & Power's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Babylon Pump & Power's EBITDA
Babylon Pump & Power's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.1 million (£646,000).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Babylon Pump & Power's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Babylon Pump & Power financials
|Revenue TTM||$17.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.18%|
|Return on equity TTM||-35.24%|
|Market capitalisation||$22.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Babylon Pump & Power share dividends
We're not expecting Babylon Pump & Power to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Babylon Pump & Power's shares ever split?
Babylon Pump & Power's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 2 November 2017. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Babylon Pump & Power shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Babylon Pump & Power shares which in turn could have impacted Babylon Pump & Power's share price.
Babylon Pump & Power share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Babylon Pump & Power's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.013 up to $0.036. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Babylon Pump & Power's is 1.7564. This would suggest that Babylon Pump & Power's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Babylon Pump & Power overview
Babylon Pump & Power Limited focuses on rental of specialty diesel driven pumping and power generation equipment in Australia. It also offers rebuild and maintenance services for diesel driven equipment. The company was formerly known as IM Medical Limited and changed its name to Babylon Pump & Power Limited in December 2017. Babylon Pump & Power Limited was incorporated in 1990 and is headquartered in Forrestfield, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert