How to buy Baby Bunting Group shares | A$4.56
Own Baby Bunting Group shares in just a few minutes.
Baby Bunting Group Limited is a specialty retail business based in Australia. Baby Bunting Group shares (BBN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $4.56 – an increase of 10.41% over the previous week. Baby Bunting Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $405.2 million.
How to buy shares in Baby Bunting Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Baby Bunting Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BBN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Baby Bunting Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.56, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Baby Bunting Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Baby Bunting Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Baby Bunting Group stock a buy or sell?
- Baby Bunting Group performance over time
- Are Baby Bunting Group shares over-valued?
- Baby Bunting Group's financials
- How volatile are Baby Bunting Group shares?
- Does Baby Bunting Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Baby Bunting Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Baby Bunting Group's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $4.56, which is 21.71% up on its pre-crash value of $3.57 and 201.99% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.51.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Baby Bunting Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $481.92 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,373.47.
Baby Bunting Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BBN stocks over time.
Baby Bunting Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$4.56|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.51 - AUDA$4.58|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$4.045|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.1262|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.13 (3.1%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.073|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Baby Bunting Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Baby Bunting Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||10.41%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||5.80%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||39.02%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||198.04%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||32.94%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||93.22%|
|3 years (2017-09-19)||173.05%|
|5 years (2015-09-15)||N/A|
Is Baby Bunting Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Baby Bunting Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Baby Bunting Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Baby Bunting Group's P/E ratio
Baby Bunting Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 57x. In other words, Baby Bunting Group shares trade at around 57x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Baby Bunting Group's EBITDA
Baby Bunting Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $35.5 million (£20 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Baby Bunting Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Baby Bunting Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$405.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||7.56%|
|Gross profit TTM||$146.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.74%|
|Market capitalisation||$557.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Baby Bunting Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 126.03% of net profits
Recently Baby Bunting Group has paid out, on average, around 126.03% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.1% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Baby Bunting Group shareholders could enjoy a 3.1% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Baby Bunting Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.13 per share.
Baby Bunting Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 26 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Baby Bunting Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Baby Bunting Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.51 up to $4.58. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Baby Bunting Group's is 0.7671. This would suggest that Baby Bunting Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Baby Bunting Group overview
Baby Bunting Group Limited operates as specialty retailer of baby goods in Australia. The company's principal product categories include prams, cots and nursery furniture, car safety, toys, babywear, feeding, nappies, and Manchester and associated accessories. Its products primarily cater to parents with children from newborn to three years of age, and parents-to-be. The company operates a network of 53 stores, as well as sells products through babybunting.com.au, an online store. Baby Bunting Group Limited was founded in 1979 and is based in Dandenong South, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert