How to buy AVJennings shares | A$0.53
Own AVJennings shares in just a few minutes.
AVJennings Limited is a real estate—development business based in Australia. AVJennings shares (AVJ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.53 – an increase of 2.91% over the previous week. AVJennings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $262.4 million.
How to buy shares in AVJennings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AVJennings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AVJ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AVJennings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.53, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AVJennings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- AVJennings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is AVJennings stock a buy or sell?
- AVJennings performance over time
- Are AVJennings shares over-valued?
- AVJennings's financials
- How volatile are AVJennings shares?
- Does AVJennings pay a dividend?
- Have AVJennings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted AVJennings's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, AVJennings's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.53, which is 12.40% down on its pre-crash value of $0.605 and 55.88% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.34.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of AVJennings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $552.85 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $861.79.
AVJennings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AVJ stocks over time.
AVJennings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.53|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.32 - AUDA$0.64|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5167|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4613|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (5.29%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.022|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy AVJennings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AVJennings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||2.91%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||8.16%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||12.77%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||24.71%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-4.50%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-19.70%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-25.87%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-3.64%|
Is AVJennings under- or over-valued?
Valuing AVJennings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AVJennings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AVJennings's P/E ratio
AVJennings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 23x. In other words, AVJennings shares trade at around 23x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
AVJennings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $15 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a AVJennings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$262.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||5.61%|
|Gross profit TTM||$59.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.37%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.29%|
|Market capitalisation||$213.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AVJennings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 121.08% of net profits
Recently AVJennings has paid out, on average, around 121.08% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.29% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), AVJennings shareholders could enjoy a 5.29% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In AVJennings's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.03 per share.
AVJennings's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 4 March 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have AVJennings's shares ever split?
AVJennings's shares were split on 6 May 2008. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your AVJennings shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for AVJennings shares which in turn could have impacted AVJennings's share price.
AVJennings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AVJennings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.32 up to $0.64. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AVJennings's is 0.5946. This would suggest that AVJennings's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
AVJennings Limited engages in the development of residential properties in Australia. It is involved in the land and apartment development, and integrated housing activities. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Hawthorn, Australia. AVJennings Limited is a subsidiary of SC Global Developments Pte. Ltd.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert