We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AVITA Medical, Inc is a medical devices business based in Australia. Avita Medical shares (AVH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Avita Medical has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $16.1 million..
How to buy shares in Avita Medical
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Avita Medical. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AVH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Avita Medical reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $6.61, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Avita Medical. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Avita Medical share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AVH stocks over time.
Avita Medical shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.325 - $9.58|
|50-day moving average||$5.263|
|200-day moving average||$6.4142|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.028|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Avita Medical stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Avita Medical price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||9.44%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||38.87%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-0.45%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||1.69%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||830.99%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||5,408.33%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||12,140.74%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||7,621.96%|
Avita Medical financials
|Revenue TTM||$16.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$11.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-36.81%|
|Return on equity TTM||-112.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$664.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Avita Medical share dividends
We're not expecting Avita Medical to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Avita Medical's shares ever split?
Avita Medical's shares were split on a 5:100 basis on 24 June 2020. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Avita Medical shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Avita Medical shares which in turn could have impacted Avita Medical's share price.
Avita Medical share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Avita Medical's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.325 up to $9.58. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Avita Medical's is 0.4392. This would suggest that Avita Medical's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Avita Medical overview
AVITA Medical Inc. operates as a commercial-stage regenerative tissue company in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom. It offers regenerative products to address unmet medical needs in burn injuries, trauma injuries, chronic wounds, and dermatological and aesthetics indications, including vitiligo. The company's patented and proprietary platform technology provides treatment solutions derived from the regenerative properties of a patient's own skin. Its lead product is RECELL System, a device that enables healthcare professionals to produce a suspension of Spray-On Skin cells using a small sample of the patient's own skin for use in the treatment of acute thermal burns in patients eighteen years and older. The company has a research collaboration with the University of Colorado School of Medicine to establish and explore development of a spray-on treatment for patients with epidermolysis bullosa; and a research collaboration with Houston Methodist Research Institute to explore novel approaches for skin rejuvenation. The company was formerly known as AVITA Therapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to AVITA Medical Inc. in December 2020. AVITA Medical Inc. is based in Valencia, California.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Avita Medical units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert