AVITA Therapeutics, Inc is a medical devices business based in Australia. Avita Medical shares (AVH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $7.67 – an increase of 6.53% over the previous week. Avita Medical has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $117,668.
How to buy shares in Avita Medical
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Avita Medical. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AVH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Avita Medical reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $7.67, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Avita Medical. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Avita Medical's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Avita Medical's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $7.67, which is 90.03% up on its pre-crash value of $0.765 and 2,260.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.325.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Avita Medical shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $514.29 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $10,957.13.
Avita Medical share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AVH stocks over time.
Avita Medical shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$7.67|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.325 - AUDA$9.58|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$6.6169|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.5151|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.028|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Avita Medical stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Avita Medical price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||6.53%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||20.79%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||1,585.71%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||2,155.88%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||1,147.15%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||8,517.98%|
|3 years (2017-09-19)||14,209.70%|
|5 years (2015-09-17)||11,809.94%|
Avita Medical financials
|Gross profit TTM||$65,501|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.17%|
|Return on equity TTM||-13.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$767.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Avita Medical share dividends
We're not expecting Avita Medical to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Avita Medical's shares ever split?
Avita Medical's shares were split on a 5:100 basis on 23 June 2020. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Avita Medical shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Avita Medical shares which in turn could have impacted Avita Medical's share price.
Avita Medical share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Avita Medical's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.325 up to $9.58. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Avita Medical's is 0.7476. This would suggest that Avita Medical's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Avita Medical overview
Carnegie Clean Energy Limited develops and commercializes the CETO wave energy technology for converting ocean wave energy into zero-emission electricity worldwide. It also produces and sells clean renewable energy using solar-battery systems to the Department of Defense. The company was formerly known as Carnegie Wave Energy Limited and changed its name to Carnegie Clean Energy Limited in December 2016. Carnegie Clean Energy Limited is based in North Fremantle, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert