How to buy Australian Vanadium shares
Own Australian Vanadium shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australian Vanadium Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Australian Vanadium shares (AVL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Australian Vanadium has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $132,110..
How to buy shares in Australian Vanadium
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Australian Vanadium. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AVL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Australian Vanadium reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.012, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Australian Vanadium. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Australian Vanadium's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Australian Vanadium's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.012, which is 4.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.0125 and 71.43% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.007.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Australian Vanadium shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $583.33 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,000.00.
Australian Vanadium share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AVL stocks over time.
Australian Vanadium shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.007 - $0.0185|
|50-day moving average||$0.0138|
|200-day moving average||$0.0111|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Australian Vanadium stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Australian Vanadium price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-33.33%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-14.29%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||20.00%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-7.69%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||-53.85%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-72.09%|
|5 years (2016-01-18)||76.47%|
Australian Vanadium financials
|Gross profit TTM||$132,110|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.88%|
|Return on equity TTM||-9.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$35.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Australian Vanadium share dividends
We're not expecting Australian Vanadium to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Australian Vanadium share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Australian Vanadium's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.007 up to $0.0185. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Australian Vanadium's is 2.29. This would suggest that Australian Vanadium's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Australian Vanadium overview
Australian Vanadium Limited engages in the mineral exploration activities in Australia. The company operates in two segments, Exploration and Energy Storage. It explores for vanadium/titanium, uranium, and other economic resources. The company's flagship property is the 100% owned Australian Vanadium project comprising 11 tenements covering an area of approximately 260 square kilometers located to the south of Meekatharra within the northern Murchison region of Western Australia. It also manufactures and sells vanadium redox flow battery systems. Australian Vanadium Limited has strategic alliance with Lithium Australia NL and Mercator Metals Pty Ltd. The company was formerly known as Yellow Rock Resources Limited and changed its name to Australian Vanadium Limited in December 2015. Australian Vanadium Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Australian Vanadium units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert