How to buy Australian Unity Office shares
Own Australian Unity Office shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australian Unity Office Fund is a reit—office business based in Australia. Australian Unity Office shares (AOF) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Australian Unity Office has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $57.6 million.
How to buy shares in Australian Unity Office
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Australian Unity Office. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AOF. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Australian Unity Office reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.11, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Australian Unity Office. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Australian Unity Office key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Australian Unity Office stock a buy or sell?
- Australian Unity Office performance over time
- Are Australian Unity Office shares over-valued?
- Australian Unity Office's financials
- How volatile are Australian Unity Office shares?
- Does Australian Unity Office pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Australian Unity Office's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Australian Unity Office's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $2.11, which is 29.90% down on its pre-crash value of $3.01 and 40.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.5.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Australian Unity Office shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $501.68 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $705.69.
Australian Unity Office share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AOF stocks over time.
Australian Unity Office shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.5 - $3.04|
|50-day moving average||$2.1444|
|200-day moving average||$2.1001|
|Dividend yield||$0.15 (6.98%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.081|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Australian Unity Office stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Australian Unity Office price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||-0.94%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||-2.76%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-1.86%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||5.50%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-26.48%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-20.68%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-7.86%|
|5 years (2016-01-13)||N/A|
Is Australian Unity Office under- or over-valued?
Valuing Australian Unity Office stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Australian Unity Office's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Australian Unity Office's P/E ratio
Australian Unity Office's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 27x. In other words, Australian Unity Office shares trade at around 27x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Australian Unity Office financials
|Revenue TTM||$57.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||51.99%|
|Gross profit TTM||$35.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.76%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.95%|
|Market capitalisation||$341.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Australian Unity Office share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 184.38% of net profits
Recently Australian Unity Office has paid out, on average, around 184.38% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.98% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Australian Unity Office shareholders could enjoy a 6.98% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Australian Unity Office's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.15 per share.
Australian Unity Office's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 29 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Australian Unity Office share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Australian Unity Office's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.5 up to $3.04. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Australian Unity Office's is 0.5498. This would suggest that Australian Unity Office's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Australian Unity Office overview
AOF is an ASX-listed REIT that wholly owns a diversified portfolio of nine office properties located across Australian metropolitan and CBD markets in Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Australian Unity Office units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert