How to buy Australian Pacific Coal (AQC) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Australian Pacific Coal shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australian Pacific Coal Limited is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Australian Pacific Coal shares (AQC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Australian Pacific Coal has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $9.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Australian Pacific Coal
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Australian Pacific Coal. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AQC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Australian Pacific Coal reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Australian Pacific Coal. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Australian Pacific Coal key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Australian Pacific Coal stock a buy or sell?
- Australian Pacific Coal performance over time
- Australian Pacific Coal's financials
- How volatile are Australian Pacific Coal shares?
- Does Australian Pacific Coal pay a dividend?
- Have Australian Pacific Coal shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Australian Pacific Coal stock price (ASX:AQC)Use our graph to track the performance of AQC stocks over time.
Australian Pacific Coal shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.11 - $0.25|
|50-day moving average||$0.1803|
|200-day moving average||$0.1636|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.364|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Australian Pacific Coal stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Australian Pacific Coal price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-09)||0.18|
|1 month (2021-08-19)||0.18|
|3 months (2021-06-18)||-5.26%|
|6 months (2021-03-19)||12.50%|
|1 year (2020-09-18)||28.57%|
|2 years (2019-09-19)||-18.18%|
|3 years (2018-09-19)||-76.32%|
|5 years (2016-09-19)||-99.94%|
Australian Pacific Coal financials
|Operating margin TTM||441.05%|
|Gross profit TTM||$388,041|
|Return on assets TTM||-9.52%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$9.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Australian Pacific Coal share dividends
We're not expecting Australian Pacific Coal to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Australian Pacific Coal's shares ever split?
Australian Pacific Coal's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 29 November 2017. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Australian Pacific Coal shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Australian Pacific Coal shares which in turn could have impacted Australian Pacific Coal's share price.
Australian Pacific Coal share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Australian Pacific Coal's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.11 up to $0.25. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Australian Pacific Coal's is 0.2303. This would suggest that Australian Pacific Coal's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Australian Pacific Coal overview
Australian Pacific Coal Limited acquires, explores for, develops, and produces thermal and metallurgical coal prospects in Australia. The company primarily holds interests in the Dartbrook project covering a total of 3,268 hectares located in the coal region of the Hunter Valley, New South Wales; and various coal tenements in the Bowen, Surat, Galilee, and Clarence-Moreton basins, Queensland. Australian Pacific Coal Limited is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to Australian Pacific Coal
Australian Pacific Coal in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the Telstra share price running higher today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have jumped nearly 40% over the last 12 months.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Will Qantas shares jump as it locks in travel dates to Fiji, the UK and the US?
Despite the good news, Qantas shares closed flat following the announcement, but that could change in the coming weeks.
Why is the Pilbara Minerals share price zooming today?
Shares in the lithium producer are up five-fold over the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert