Australian Ethical Investment Ltd is an asset management business based in Australia. Australian Ethical Investment shares (AEF) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Australian Ethical Investment has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $49.9 million.
How to buy shares in Australian Ethical Investment
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Australian Ethical Investment. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AEF. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Australian Ethical Investment reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Australian Ethical Investment. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Australian Ethical Investment key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Australian Ethical Investment stock a buy or sell?
- Australian Ethical Investment performance over time
- Are Australian Ethical Investment shares over-valued?
- Australian Ethical Investment's financials
- How volatile are Australian Ethical Investment shares?
- Does Australian Ethical Investment pay a dividend?
- Have Australian Ethical Investment shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Australian Ethical Investment share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AEF stocks over time.
Australian Ethical Investment shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$2.04 - AUDA$9.07|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.4283|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$5.085|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.05 (1.05%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.084|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Australian Ethical Investment stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Australian Ethical Investment under- or over-valued?
Valuing Australian Ethical Investment stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Australian Ethical Investment's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Australian Ethical Investment's P/E ratio
Australian Ethical Investment's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 57x. In other words, Australian Ethical Investment shares trade at around 57x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Australian Ethical Investment's EBITDA
Australian Ethical Investment's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $14.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Australian Ethical Investment's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Australian Ethical Investment financials
|Revenue TTM||$49.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||28.53%|
|Gross profit TTM||$31.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||29.11%|
|Return on equity TTM||50%|
|Market capitalisation||$530.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Australian Ethical Investment share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 65.32% of net profits
Recently Australian Ethical Investment has paid out, on average, around 65.32% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.05% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Australian Ethical Investment shareholders could enjoy a 1.05% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Australian Ethical Investment's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
Australian Ethical Investment's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 31 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Australian Ethical Investment's shares ever split?
Australian Ethical Investment's shares were split on a 100:1 basis on 12 December 2018. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 100 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Australian Ethical Investment shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 99% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Australian Ethical Investment shares which in turn could have impacted Australian Ethical Investment's share price.
Australian Ethical Investment share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Australian Ethical Investment's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.04 up to $9.07. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Australian Ethical Investment's is 0.8368. This would suggest that Australian Ethical Investment's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Australian Ethical Investment overview
Australian Ethical Investment Ltd. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm launches and manages equity, fixed income, and balanced mutual funds for its clients. It invests in the public equity and fixed income markets across the globe. The firm invests in education, energy, electricity transmission & distribution, government, health & wellbeing, food production, telecommunications, transport, recycling and waste management, sustainable products & materials, Information technology, software and professional services, media, property, recreation financial services. The firm employs fundamental analysis to create its portfolios. Australian Ethical Investment Ltd. was founded in 1986 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert