How to buy Australian Enhanced Income shares | A$5.79
Own Australian Enhanced Income shares in just a few minutes.
Australian Enhanced Income Fund is an asset management business based in Australia. Australian Enhanced Income shares (AYF) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $5.79 – a decrease of 0.17% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $18.6 million.
How to buy shares in Australian Enhanced Income
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Australian Enhanced Income. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AYF. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Australian Enhanced Income reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5.79, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Australian Enhanced Income. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Australian Enhanced Income key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Australian Enhanced Income stock a buy or sell?
- Australian Enhanced Income performance over time
- Are Australian Enhanced Income shares over-valued?
- Australian Enhanced Income's financials
- Does Australian Enhanced Income pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Australian Enhanced Income's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Australian Enhanced Income's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $5.79, which is 0.17% down on its pre-crash value of $5.8 and 44.75% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $4.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Australian Enhanced Income shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $681.44 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $986.38.
Australian Enhanced Income share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AYF stocks over time.
Australian Enhanced Income shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$5.79|
|52-week range||AUDA$4 - AUDA$6.2|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.7178|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$5.3499|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.22 (3.8%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.3531|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Australian Enhanced Income stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Australian Enhanced Income price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||-0.17%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||1.94%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||7.22%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||21.89%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-4.30%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||-1.86%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||-6.61%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-2.69%|
Is Australian Enhanced Income under- or over-valued?
Valuing Australian Enhanced Income stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Australian Enhanced Income's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Australian Enhanced Income's P/E ratio
Australian Enhanced Income's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 25x. In other words, Australian Enhanced Income shares trade at around 25x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Australian Enhanced Income financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$18.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Australian Enhanced Income share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 120.61% of net profits
Recently Australian Enhanced Income has paid out, on average, around 120.61% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.8% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Australian Enhanced Income shareholders could enjoy a 3.8% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Australian Enhanced Income's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.22 per share.
Australian Enhanced Income's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Australian Enhanced Income overview
Australian Enhanced Income Fund is a closed-ended fixed income mutual fund launched and managed by Elstree Investment Management Limited. The fund invests in the fixed income markets of Australia. It invests in a range of fixed income and hybrid securities, and other debt securities issued by government bodies, companies and specialist financing vehicles. Australian Enhanced Income Fund was formed on October 17, 2006 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert