How to buy Australian Clinical Labs (ACL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Australian Clinical Labs shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australian Clinical Labs is a diagnostics & research business based in Australia. Australian Clinical Labs shares (ACL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Australian Clinical Labs has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $866.8 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Australian Clinical Labs
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Australian Clinical Labs. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ACL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Australian Clinical Labs reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Australian Clinical Labs. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Australian Clinical Labs key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Australian Clinical Labs stock a buy or sell?
- Australian Clinical Labs performance over time
- Are Australian Clinical Labs shares over-valued?
- Australian Clinical Labs's financials
- Does Australian Clinical Labs pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Australian Clinical Labs stock price (ASX:ACL)Use our graph to track the performance of ACL stocks over time.
Australian Clinical Labs shares at a glance
|52-week range||$3.2918 - $6.2417|
|50-day moving average||$5.119|
|200-day moving average||$4.902|
|Dividend yield||$0.263 (5.58%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.74|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Australian Clinical Labs stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Australian Clinical Labs price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||3.72%|
|1 month (2022-05-24)||-15.85%|
|3 months (2022-03-24)||-13.73%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-25.54%|
|1 year (2021-06-24)||24.23%|
Is Australian Clinical Labs under- or over-valued?
Valuing Australian Clinical Labs stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Australian Clinical Labs's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Australian Clinical Labs's P/E ratio
Australian Clinical Labs's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, Australian Clinical Labs shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Australian Clinical Labs's EBITDA
Australian Clinical Labs's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $270.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Australian Clinical Labs's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Australian Clinical Labs financials
|Revenue TTM||$866.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||29.99%|
|Gross profit TTM||$520.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||30.16%|
|Return on equity TTM||104.87%|
|Market capitalisation||$881.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Australian Clinical Labs share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 17.91% of net profits
Recently Australian Clinical Labs has paid out, on average, around 17.91% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.58% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Australian Clinical Labs shareholders could enjoy a 5.58% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Australian Clinical Labs's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.263 per share.
While Australian Clinical Labs's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Australian Clinical Labs is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 25 March 2022 (the "ex-dividend date").
Australian Clinical Labs overview
Australian Clinical Labs Limited provides pathology services. The company offers various routine pathology tests, advanced pathology, first trimester screening and non-invasive prenatal testing, chemical pathology, hematology, histopathology, immunology, serology and microbiology, functional pathology, and commercial drug and alcohol testing services. The company offers its service to private and public hospitals. Australian Clinical Labs Limited was incorporated in 2020 and is based in Clayton, Australia.
Stocks similar to Australian Clinical Labs
Australian Clinical Labs in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert