How to buy Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares
Own Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares in just a few minutes.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares (AUPH) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in Aurinia Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Aurinia Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AUPH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Aurinia Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- Can I short Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does Aurinia Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Have Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AUPH stocks over time.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|52-week range||USD$3.52 - USD$21.93|
|50-day moving average||USD$14.3754|
|200-day moving average||USD$15.0362|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$-0.697|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals financials
|Gross profit TTM||US$-52,548,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-27.23%|
|Return on equity TTM||-77.6%|
|Market capitalisation||US$1.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares
There are currently 4.4 million Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares held short by investors – that's known as Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's "short interest". This figure is 6.1% up from 4.1 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares can be evaluated.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares traded daily (recently around 1.2 million). Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's SIR currently stands at 3.64. In other words for every 100,000 Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares traded daily on the market, roughly 3640 shares are currently held short.
However Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares, or, against the total number of tradable Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's short interest could be expressed as 0.03% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares in existence, roughly 30 shares are currently held short) or 0% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares, roughly 0 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Aurinia Pharmaceuticals.
Find out more about how you can short Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals share dividends
We're not expecting Aurinia Pharmaceuticals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares ever split?
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares were split on a 1:50 basis on 22 October 2013. So if you had owned 50 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares which in turn could have impacted Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's share price.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$3.52 up to US$21.93. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's is 0.9797. This would suggest that Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals overview
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes therapies to treat various diseases in the United States and China. It is involved in developing voclosporin, an investigational drug for the treatment of lupus nephritis, dry eye syndrome, and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. The company is headquartered in Victoria, Canada.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert