How to buy Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (AUPH) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares (AUPH) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$28 – an increase of 36.12% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in Aurinia Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Aurinia Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AUPH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Aurinia Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$17.93, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- Can I short Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does Aurinia Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Have Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock price (NASDAQ:AUPH)Use our graph to track the performance of AUPH stocks over time.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$9.72 - US$24.18|
|50-day moving average||US$21.1197|
|200-day moving average||US$15.0965|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-1.17|
Where to buy Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Considering buying Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares?Before you consider Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, you'll want to hear this.
Ticker Nerd uses advanced software to track hundreds of signals and data points to find stocks before they blow up. You can get the next two hot stocks they find sent to your inbox for free.
Show me how
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-14)||33.08%|
|1 month (2021-09-24)||20.48%|
|3 months (2021-07-23)||146.70%|
|6 months (2021-04-23)||124.18%|
|1 year (2020-10-23)||78.80%|
|2 years (2019-10-24)||479.71%|
|3 years (2018-10-24)||451.18%|
|5 years (2016-10-24)||662.94%|
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals financials
|Revenue TTM||US$57.6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$-209,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-27.15%|
|Return on equity TTM||-51.67%|
|Market capitalisation||US$3.6 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares
There are currently 18.2 million Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares held short by investors – that's known as Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's "short interest". This figure is 2.4% down from 18.7 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares can be evaluated.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares traded daily (recently around 4.2 million). Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's SIR currently stands at 4.39. In other words for every 100,000 Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares traded daily on the market, roughly 4390 shares are currently held short.
However Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares, or, against the total number of tradable Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's short interest could be expressed as 0.14% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares in existence, roughly 140 shares are currently held short) or 0.1426% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares, roughly 143 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Aurinia Pharmaceuticals.
Find out more about how you can short Aurinia Pharmaceuticals stock.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals share dividends
We're not expecting Aurinia Pharmaceuticals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares ever split?
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares were split on a 1:50 basis on 22 October 2013. So if you had owned 50 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares which in turn could have impacted Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's share price.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$9.72 up to US$24.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's is 0.3646. This would suggest that Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals overview
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes therapies to treat various diseases with unmet medical need in Japan and China. The company offers LUPKYNIS for the treatment of adult patients with active lupus nephritis. It has a collaboration and license agreement with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. The company is headquartered in Victoria, Canada.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals in the news
Why Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Stock Is Blasting Higher Today
Bristol Myers interested in buying Aurinia Pharma - Bloomberg News
Rumored Bristol Myers Takeover Sends Aurinia Pharma Stock To A Record High
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $39.51
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert