How to buy Audinate Group shares
Own Audinate Group shares in just a few minutes.
Audinate Group Limited is an electronic components business based in Australia. Audinate Group shares (AD8) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Audinate Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $30.3 million.
How to buy shares in Audinate Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Audinate Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AD8. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Audinate Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Audinate Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Audinate Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AD8 stocks over time.
Audinate Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$2.51 - AUDA$9.3|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.3944|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$5.3801|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Audinate Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Audinate Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Audinate Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Audinate Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Audinate Group's P/E ratio
Audinate Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2355x. In other words, Audinate Group shares trade at around 2355x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Audinate Group's EBITDA
Audinate Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Audinate Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Audinate Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$30.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$23.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||-9.96%|
|Market capitalisation||$417.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Audinate Group share dividends
We're not expecting Audinate Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Audinate Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Audinate Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.51 up to $9.3. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Audinate Group's is 1.6552. This would suggest that Audinate Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Audinate Group overview
Audinate Group Limited develops and sells digital audio visual networking solutions worldwide. It offers Dante Controller, a software application that enables users to route audio and configure devices on a Dante network; Dante Virtual Soundcard, which turns the computer into a Dante-powered workstation and integrating the PC or Mac with Dante audio devices on the user network; Dante Via, an easy-to-use software that delivers unprecedented multi-channel routing of computer-based audio; Dante Embedded Platform, a software used in AV-over-IP solutions; and Dante Domain Manager, a network management that enables user authentication, role-based security, and audit capabilities for Dante networks. The company also provides Dante Brooklyn II networking solutions; Dante Application Library, which delivers Dante Virtual Soundcard directly to user Windows and MacOS audio applications; Dante Brooklyn II PDK, a product development kits; Dante Broadway, a chip that delivers Dante networking for medium channel-count applications; Dante Ultimo, a chip for low channel-count applications; Dante Ultimo PDK, a Ultimo development platform that includes hardware, software, documentation, and technical support packages; Dante PCIe-R Soundcard for recording solutions and audio processing; Dante HC, a network audio solution for professional AV systems; Dante Adapter Modules, which enables development of professional audio products; Dante AV, an AV-over-IP transport and management solutions; and Dante IP Core, a soft IP solutions, as well as Dante AVIO adapters and Dante-enabled products. It primarily serves original equipment manufacturers. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Surry Hills, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert