How to buy Atrum Coal shares | A$0.3
Own Atrum Coal shares in just a few minutes.
Atrum Coal Limited is a coking coal business based in Australia. Atrum Coal shares (ATU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.3 – a decrease of 7.69% over the previous week. Atrum Coal has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $49,256.
How to buy shares in Atrum Coal
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Atrum Coal. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ATU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Atrum Coal reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.3, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Atrum Coal. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Atrum Coal's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Atrum Coal's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.3, which is 0.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.3 and 172.73% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.11.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Atrum Coal shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $352.94 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $882.35.
Atrum Coal share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ATU stocks over time.
Atrum Coal shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.3|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.11 - AUDA$0.405|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2508|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2313|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.029|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Atrum Coal stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Atrum Coal price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||5.26%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||27.66%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||150.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-21.05%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||240.91%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||81.49%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-44.89%|
Atrum Coal financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-76.48%|
|Return on equity TTM||-138.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$175.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Atrum Coal share dividends
We're not expecting Atrum Coal to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Atrum Coal share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Atrum Coal's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.11 up to $0.405. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Atrum Coal's is 1.4542. This would suggest that Atrum Coal's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Atrum Coal overview
Atrum Coal Limited explores for and develops metallurgical coal properties. It primarily offers coking coal for steel industry. The company's flagship asset is the 100%-owned Elan Hard coking coal project, which covers 27 coal exploration tenements consisting of an area of approximately 22,951 hectares located in the Crowsnest Pass area of southern Alberta, Canada. It also explores for anthracite in British Columbia, Canada. The company was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert