How to buy ASF Group shares | A$0.062
Own ASF Group shares in just a few minutes.
ASF Group Limited is a capital markets business based in Australia. ASF Group shares (AFA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.062 – the same closing value as a week prior. ASF Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.9 million.
How to buy shares in ASF Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for ASF Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AFA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until ASF Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.062, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of ASF Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted ASF Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, ASF Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.062, which is 33.33% down on its pre-crash value of $0.093 and 50.00% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.093.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of ASF Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $666.67.
ASF Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AFA stocks over time.
ASF Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.062|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.048 - AUDA$0.1|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0588|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0805|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy ASF Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
ASF Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-12)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||3.33%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||-31.11%|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||-33.33%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-38.00%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-52.31%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-65.56%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-81.54%|
Is ASF Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing ASF Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of ASF Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
ASF Group's P/E ratio
ASF Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, ASF Group shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
ASF Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.9 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.76%|
|Return on equity TTM||-98.66%|
|Market capitalisation||$49.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
ASF Group share dividends
We're not expecting ASF Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have ASF Group's shares ever split?
ASF Group's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 11 November 2007. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your ASF Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for ASF Group shares which in turn could have impacted ASF Group's share price.
ASF Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, ASF Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.048 up to $0.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while ASF Group's is 0.2114. This would suggest that ASF Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
ASF Group overview
ASF Group Limited, an investment and trading house, operates in the oil and gas, resources, property, infrastructure, travel, and financial services sectors in Australia, China, the United Kingdom, and rest of Europe. It holds interests in copper-gold and gold mineralization projects in Queensland; a potash project in Western Australia; oil and gas project in the Canning Basin, Western Australia; conventional and unconventional oil and gas projects in the North Perth and Canning Basin, Western Australia; and coal tenements in Queensland. The company also develops tourism, mixed use, and urban regeneration projects. In addition, it offers property marketing services, as well as fund management and advisory services on public listing, visa migration, and funds management. ASF Group Limited was incorporated in 1980 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert