How to buy Ardent Leisure Group (ALG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Ardent Leisure Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Ardent Leisure Group is a leisure business based in Australia. Ardent Leisure Group shares (ALG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Ardent Leisure Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $528.6 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Ardent Leisure Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ardent Leisure Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ALG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ardent Leisure Group reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ardent Leisure Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Ardent Leisure Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ardent Leisure Group stock a buy or sell?
- Ardent Leisure Group performance over time
- Ardent Leisure Group's financials
- How volatile are Ardent Leisure Group shares?
- Does Ardent Leisure Group pay a dividend?
- Have Ardent Leisure Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Ardent Leisure Group stock price (ASX:ALG)Use our graph to track the performance of ALG stocks over time.
Ardent Leisure Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.91 - $1.745|
|50-day moving average||$1.3176|
|200-day moving average||$1.4019|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.086|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Ardent Leisure Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ardent Leisure Group price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-16)||2.33%|
|1 month (2022-05-26)||-2.23%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||1.315|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-5.73%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||38.42%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||246.05%|
|3 years (2019-06-26)||30.85%|
|5 years (2017-06-23)||-33.92%|
Is Ardent Leisure Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ardent Leisure Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ardent Leisure Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ardent Leisure Group's EBITDA
Ardent Leisure Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $82.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Ardent Leisure Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Ardent Leisure Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$528.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||5.13%|
|Gross profit TTM||$296.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.78%|
|Return on equity TTM||-25.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$628.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ardent Leisure Group share dividends
We're not expecting Ardent Leisure Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Ardent Leisure Group's shares ever split?
Ardent Leisure Group's shares were split on 30 November 1999.
Ardent Leisure Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ardent Leisure Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.91 up to $1.745. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ardent Leisure Group's is 2.1596. This would suggest that Ardent Leisure Group's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Ardent Leisure Group overview
Ardent Leisure Group Limited owns and operates leisure and entertainment assets in Australia and the United States. The company operates in Main Event and Theme Parks segments. It operates 44 main event sites in Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kansas, Florida, Tennessee, Maryland, Delaware, Colorado, and Louisiana, as well as Dreamworld and WhiteWater World in Coomera, Queensland; and the SkyPoint observation deck and climb in Surfers Paradise, Queensland. The company was incorporated in 2018 and is based in North Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Ardent Leisure Group
Ardent Leisure Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert