How to buy Archer Materials shares
Own Archer Materials shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Archer Materials Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Archer Materials shares (AXE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Archer Materials has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $242,201..
How to buy shares in Archer Materials
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Archer Materials. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AXE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Archer Materials reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.505, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Archer Materials. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Archer Materials key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Archer Materials stock a buy or sell?
- Archer Materials performance over time
- Archer Materials's financials
- How volatile are Archer Materials shares?
- Does Archer Materials pay a dividend?
- Have Archer Materials shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Archer Materials's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Archer Materials's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.505, which is 62.38% up on its pre-crash value of $0.19 and 320.83% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.12.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Archer Materials shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $577.78 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,244.44.
Archer Materials share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AXE stocks over time.
Archer Materials shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.11 - $0.815|
|50-day moving average||$0.5207|
|200-day moving average||$0.4551|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.009|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Archer Materials stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Archer Materials price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-6.48%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-3.81%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||-2.88%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||23.17%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||165.79%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||582.43%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||288.46%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||494.12%|
Archer Materials financials
|Gross profit TTM||$242,201|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||-13.26%|
|Market capitalisation||$110.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Archer Materials share dividends
We're not expecting Archer Materials to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Archer Materials's shares ever split?
Archer Materials's shares were split on 7 February 2008. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Archer Materials shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Archer Materials shares which in turn could have impacted Archer Materials's share price.
Archer Materials share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Archer Materials's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.11 up to $0.815. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Archer Materials's is 2.375. This would suggest that Archer Materials's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Archer Materials overview
Archer Materials Limited, a materials technology company, engages in the development of materials in quantum computing, biotechnology, and lithium-ion batteries in Australia. It primarily focuses on the development of room temperature quantum computer chip, as well as has access to approximately 300 million of technology development infrastructure. It also explores for graphite, copper, gold, nickel, cobalt, aluminum, manganese, and tin and tungsten deposits. The company was formerly known as Archer Exploration Limited and changed its name to Archer Materials Limited in October 2019. Archer Materials Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Adelaide, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Archer Materials units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert