How to buy Arafura Resources shares | A$0.079
Own Arafura Resources shares in just a few minutes.
Arafura Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Arafura Resources shares (ARU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.079 – the same closing value as a week prior. Arafura Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $643,380.
How to buy shares in Arafura Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Arafura Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ARU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Arafura Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.079, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Arafura Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Arafura Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Arafura Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Arafura Resources performance over time
- Arafura Resources's financials
- How volatile are Arafura Resources shares?
- Does Arafura Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Arafura Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Arafura Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Arafura Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.079, which is 5.06% up on its pre-crash value of $0.075 and 71.74% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.046.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Arafura Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $640.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,053.33.
Arafura Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ARU stocks over time.
Arafura Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.079|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.046 - AUDA$0.102|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0769|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0675|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.009|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Arafura Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Arafura Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||6.76%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-2.47%|
|3 months (2020-06-21)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||64.58%|
|1 year (2019-09-21)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||10.03%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-16.40%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||86.76%|
Arafura Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$643,380|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.67%|
|Return on equity TTM||-4.13%|
|Market capitalisation||$94.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Arafura Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Arafura Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Arafura Resources's shares ever split?
Arafura Resources's shares were split on 25 February 2010.
Arafura Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Arafura Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.046 up to $0.102. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Arafura Resources's is 1.2873. This would suggest that Arafura Resources's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Arafura Resources overview
Arafura Resources Limited explores and develops mineral properties in Australia. The company explores for rare earth deposits, as well as tungsten, copper, and vanadium deposits. Its principal project is the Nolans project, a rare earths-phosphate-uranium-thorium deposit that supplies neodymium and praseodymium products located in Northern Territory, Australia. The company also engages in mining and associated infrastructure, and social and environmental feasibility evaluations. Arafura Resources Limited was incorporated in 1997 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert