How to buy APN Property Group shares | A$0.53
Own APN Property Group shares in just a few minutes.
APN Property Group Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. APN Property Group shares (APD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.53 – the same closing value as a week prior. APN Property Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $26.5 million.
How to buy shares in APN Property Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for APN Property Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: APD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until APN Property Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.53, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of APN Property Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- APN Property Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is APN Property Group stock a buy or sell?
- APN Property Group performance over time
- Are APN Property Group shares over-valued?
- APN Property Group's financials
- How volatile are APN Property Group shares?
- Does APN Property Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted APN Property Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, APN Property Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.53, which is 27.89% down on its pre-crash value of $0.735 and 51.43% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.35.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of APN Property Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $589.15 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $821.71.
APN Property Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of APD stocks over time.
APN Property Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.53|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.35 - AUDA$0.74|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5267|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.5205|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (5.85%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.057|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy APN Property Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
APN Property Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||0.53|
|1 month (2020-08-18)||-0.93%|
|3 months (2020-06-18)||-0.93%|
|6 months (2020-03-18)||8.16%|
|1 year (2019-09-18)||0.53|
|2 years (2018-09-18)||24.71%|
|3 years (2017-09-18)||29.27%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||47.22%|
Is APN Property Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing APN Property Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of APN Property Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
APN Property Group's P/E ratio
APN Property Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 37x. In other words, APN Property Group shares trade at around 37x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
APN Property Group's EBITDA
APN Property Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $12.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a APN Property Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
APN Property Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$26.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||47.99%|
|Gross profit TTM||$26.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.43%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.43%|
|Market capitalisation||$174.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
APN Property Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 325.17% of net profits
Recently APN Property Group has paid out, on average, around 325.17% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.85% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), APN Property Group shareholders could enjoy a 5.85% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In APN Property Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.03 per share.
APN Property Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
APN Property Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, APN Property Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.35 up to $0.74. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while APN Property Group's is 0.3048. This would suggest that APN Property Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
APN Property Group overview
APN Property Group Limited operates as a real estate investment fund manager in Australia and internationally. It operates through Real Estate Securities Funds, Industrial Real Estate Fund, Direct Real Estate Funds, and Investment Revenue segments. The company manages open ended properties securities funds, listed property trusts, fixed term Australian funds, and wholesale funds. It manages direct property and listed funds, and managed investment schemes. The company provides its products to institutional and retail investors directly, as well as through independent financial planner networks and financial institutions. APN Property Group Limited was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert