How to buy APN Convenience Retail shares | A$3.81
Own APN Convenience Retail shares in just a few minutes.
APN Convenience Retail REIT is a reit—retail business based in Australia. APN Convenience Retail shares (AQR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $3.81 – a decrease of 2.81% over the previous week. APN Convenience Retail has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $33.5 million.
How to buy shares in APN Convenience Retail
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for APN Convenience Retail. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AQR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until APN Convenience Retail reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.81, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of APN Convenience Retail. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- APN Convenience Retail key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is APN Convenience Retail stock a buy or sell?
- APN Convenience Retail performance over time
- Are APN Convenience Retail shares over-valued?
- APN Convenience Retail's financials
- How volatile are APN Convenience Retail shares?
- Does APN Convenience Retail pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted APN Convenience Retail's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, APN Convenience Retail's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $3.81, which is 4.75% down on its pre-crash value of $4 and 59.41% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.39.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of APN Convenience Retail shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $655.17 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,010.60.
APN Convenience Retail share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AQR stocks over time.
APN Convenience Retail shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$3.81|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.39 - AUDA$4.1|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.7542|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.3811|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.22 (5.59%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.299|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy APN Convenience Retail stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
APN Convenience Retail price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-2.56%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||1.06%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||11.73%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||34.63%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||12.72%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||36.07%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||33.68%|
|5 years (2015-09-26)||N/A|
Is APN Convenience Retail under- or over-valued?
Valuing APN Convenience Retail stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of APN Convenience Retail's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
APN Convenience Retail's P/E ratio
APN Convenience Retail's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 7x. In other words, APN Convenience Retail shares trade at around 7x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
APN Convenience Retail financials
|Revenue TTM||$33.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||81.96%|
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||4.23%|
|Return on equity TTM||15.44%|
|Market capitalisation||$442.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
APN Convenience Retail share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 42.44% of net profits
Recently APN Convenience Retail has paid out, on average, around 42.44% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.59% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), APN Convenience Retail shareholders could enjoy a 5.59% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In APN Convenience Retail's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.22 per share.
While APN Convenience Retail's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that APN Convenience Retail may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
APN Convenience Retail share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, APN Convenience Retail's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.39 up to $4.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while APN Convenience Retail's is 0.6952. This would suggest that APN Convenience Retail's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
APN Convenience Retail overview
APN Convenience Retail REIT (ASX code: AQR) is a listed Australian real estate investment trust which owns high quality Australian service stations and convenience retail assets. The Fund's portfolio of 79 properties valued at approximately $445 million, is predominantly located on Australia's eastern seaboard and is leased to leading Australian and international convenience retail tenants. The portfolio provides a long lease expiry profile and contracted annual rent increases delivering the Fund a sustainable and strong level of income security. Convenience Retail has a target gearing range of 25 ? 40% as part of its conservative approach to capital management. APN Convenience Retail REIT is governed by an Independent Board of Directors and is managed by APN Property Group, a specialist real estate investment manager established in 1996.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert