How to buy Apiam Animal Health shares
Own Apiam Animal Health shares in just a few minutes.
Apiam Animal Health Limited is a personal services business based in Australia. Apiam Animal Health shares (AHX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Apiam Animal Health has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $118.3 million.
How to buy shares in Apiam Animal Health
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Apiam Animal Health. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AHX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Apiam Animal Health reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Apiam Animal Health. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Apiam Animal Health key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Apiam Animal Health stock a buy or sell?
- Apiam Animal Health performance over time
- Are Apiam Animal Health shares over-valued?
- Apiam Animal Health's financials
- How volatile are Apiam Animal Health shares?
- Does Apiam Animal Health pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Apiam Animal Health share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AHX stocks over time.
Apiam Animal Health shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.34 - AUDA$0.645|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5174|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4699|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (3.93%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.036|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Apiam Animal Health stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Apiam Animal Health under- or over-valued?
Valuing Apiam Animal Health stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Apiam Animal Health's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Apiam Animal Health's P/E ratio
Apiam Animal Health's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 17x. In other words, Apiam Animal Health shares trade at around 17x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Apiam Animal Health's EBITDA
Apiam Animal Health's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $11.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Apiam Animal Health's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Apiam Animal Health financials
|Revenue TTM||$118.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||6.56%|
|Gross profit TTM||$23.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.61%|
|Market capitalisation||$75.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Apiam Animal Health share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 43.84% of net profits
Recently Apiam Animal Health has paid out, on average, around 43.84% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.93% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Apiam Animal Health shareholders could enjoy a 3.93% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Apiam Animal Health's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.02 per share.
While Apiam Animal Health's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Apiam Animal Health may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 16 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Apiam Animal Health share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Apiam Animal Health's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.34 up to $0.645. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Apiam Animal Health's is 0.6205. This would suggest that Apiam Animal Health's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Apiam Animal Health overview
Apiam Animal Health Limited, a vertically integrated animal health company, provides veterinary products and services to production and companion animals in Australia. It operates through three segments: Dairy and Mixed, Feedlots, and Pigs. The company engages in the veterinary wholesale, warehousing, logistics, and other ancillary activities. Its products and services include systems to assist in herd health programs; production advisory services; consulting services and products to assist in the prevention of animal diseases; technologies to manage compliance with legislative requirements on pharmaceutical use; and advice and services in respect of animal welfare compliance, as well as on-farm delivery of products. The company also provides third party auditing services for industry quality assurance programs; ancillary services, such as the sale and/or delivery of genetics and associated products; on-farm and online training programs for clients; and payroll and transport services. In addition, it retails animal health products; and develops technology for animal health management. The company offers its services through production animal and mixed animal veterinary clinics. Apiam Animal Health Limited was founded in 1998 and is based in Bendigo, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert