How to buy American Airlines shares | US$N/A
Own American Airlines stock in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in American Airlines
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for American Airlines. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AAL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until American Airlines reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of American Airlines, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of American Airlines. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
Price details for American Airlines (AAL)
American Airlines stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of AAL stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy American Airlines shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
American Airlines company summary
American Airlines (AAL) is a leading Airlines business based in the USA. American Airlines (AAL) is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 110500 staff.
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Name||American Airlines Group Inc||ISIN||US02376R1023|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||110500|
Detailed company information
American Airlines Group Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a network air carrier. It provides scheduled air transportation services for passengers and cargo. As of December 31, 2019, the company operated a mainline fleet of 942 aircraft. It serves 365 destinations in approximately 61 countries, principally from its hubs and gateways in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. American Airlines Group Inc. has strategic partnership with JetBlue Airways Corp. The company was formerly known as AMR Corporation and changed its name to American Airlines Group Inc. in December 2013. American Airlines Group Inc. was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Althea Group shares | A$0.455
Steps to owning and managing Althea Group shares.
How to buy AusCann Group shares | A$0.195
Steps to owning and managing AusCann Group shares.
How to buy Kodak shares | US$8.14
Steps to owning and managing Kodak shares from Australia.
How to buy Sorrento Therapeutics shares | US$9.5
Steps to owning and managing Sorrento Therapeutics shares from Australia.
How to buy Marathon Patent Group shares | US$22.39
Steps to owning and managing Marathon Patent Group shares from Australia.
How to buy Kandi Technologies shares | US$7.91
Steps to owning and managing Kandi Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Taoping shares | US$3.01
Steps to owning and managing Taoping shares from Australia.
How to buy MGM Resorts shares | US$29.8
Steps to owning and managing MGM Resorts shares.
How to buy Precipio shares | US$2.33
Steps to owning and managing Precipio shares.
How to buy ADT shares | US$8.78
Steps to owning and managing ADT shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert