With an Amazon gift card, you or your gift card recipient will have thousands of products at your fingertips!
An Amazon gift card is available as a physical card or an online ‘code’ that is redeemable towards literally millions of products at Amazon. These flexible gift cards are the ideal gift as they attract no features to purchase or redeem and, unlike most traditional gift cards, they never, ever expire.
Amazon gift cards can be purchased in almost any amount - from as little as $0.15 to as much as $2,000. Your gift recipient can spend the value of their gift card immediately upon receiving it, or can deposit it into their Amazon account and wait for that bargain sale of a lifetime.
Best of all, any unspent gift card credit can be rolled over for another shopping experience. Upon using an Amazon gift card, if any balance remains unspent, it will simply be kept in the recipient’s Amazon account for future use.
Amazon.com deals for October 2017
Top Amazon Email Gift Cards
Pros and cons of Amazon gift cards
In today’s modern marketplace, consumers demand choice and flexibility when purchasing gifts online. Some advantages of Amazon gift cards include ease of purchase, ease of use, and overall flexibility, which makes them the ideal choice for gift buyers globally. Other pros and cons include:
- With millions of products available on their website, an Amazon gift card provides the recipient with access to an unprecedented range of products in one easy-to-navigate online location.
- You can load any amount up to $2000 onto one card. So you can gift as little or as much as you'd like.
- You have the option of an electronic gift card, which means you can purchase a card as late in the game as you like and still get it to the party on time.
- Your recipient can shop from their computer, laptop, phone, or iPad with ease.
- With fast turnaround and shipping times, as well as state-of-the-art order processing systems, Amazon purchases will generally arrive quickly and well-packaged.
- A dedicated customer team, including a centre for dealing with problem resolution, is in place to ensure purchase satisfaction. This means that you can trust that your purchase will be delivered on time and as expected. If for any unforeseen reason they are unable to, Amazon will be there to help resolve your problems.
- Amazon gift cards can only be purchased and redeemed on the US website. This means that you won't be able to use your gift card to make Kindle purchases on the Amazon Australia website. You can however still purchase physical books from the US site, but this will be subject to if that book allows for international shipping.
- Amazon is based in the US, so for buyers in Australia, this can present some challenges when it comes to shipping. Certain items will simply be too large to ship overseas, while others will be too expensive to be posted to Australia.
- Physical cards from the US site cannot be posted to an Australian postal address. For physical cards, you will require an American address such as one with ShopMate.
- Amazon Australia doesn't sell gift cards. If you buy a gift card from the Amazon.com website, it can't be used to buy Kindle books from the Australian website, only physical books from the US.
- On certain items, such as electrical goods and DVDs, there may be different plugs and attachments that are designed for American users. Australian buyers should keep this in mind to avoid disappointment.
- Being that it’s a gift card, the value on your Amazon gift card should be treated like currency. In the case that it is lost or stolen, Amazon assumes no responsibility. The recipient must keep their gift card – whether it’s virtual or a hard copy – safe at all times.
Frequently asked questions about Amazon gift cards
Q. Which countries can purchase and redeem an Amazon gift card?
Amazon gift cards are available for purchase and redemption from virtually any location globally, and goods are shipped to most destinations worldwide.
Q. What happens if my recipient can not find an item they wish to purchase?
The gift card is not redeemable for cash. However, the credit never expires and will remain in the recipient’s account until they are ready to make a purchase. Amazon offers an inventory of millions of products, so a suitable item will eventually become available.
Q. What if the gift card buyer or recipient loses the gift card?
Keep your Amazon gift card safe and don’t share their details publicly online. Amazon takes no responsibility for any gift card that is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without your permission.
Q. What other terms and conditions should I be aware of?
The Amazon Conditions of Use apply. Gift cards are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. When you purchase, receive or redeem an Amazon gift card, you agree that the laws of the State of Washington will govern Amazon’s gift card terms and conditions.
How does an Amazon gift card work?
Whether it’s a birthday, employee reward, Christmas, or other special event, finding the perfect present isn’t always easy. That’s where an Amazon gift card becomes the solution to all your needs.
Easy to buy and easy to use, Amazon gift cards allow you to shop the millions of items available at Amazon. They can be redeemed toward any purchase the gift recipient wishes to make on Amazon. This could be of a book or DVD, clothing or shoes, home appliances or phone, or even a computer.
Amazon gift cards work by simply inputting the gift card ‘code’ during the checkout process. There are no fees when you purchase using the gift card, and you can use the credit over several purchases. For instance, if you have a $50 Amazon gift card and you make a $30 purchase, the remaining gift card balance of $20 will stay in your account for future use.
When buying Amazon gift cards, you can purchase one card on its own, or a number of cards in a ‘multi-pack’.
How to buy an Amazon gift card
You can purchase an Amazon gift card via Amazon.
- Visit Amazon and sign into your account. If you do not have an Amazon account yet, registration is free and only takes a few minutes to set up.
- Once inside your account, click the ‘Gift Card’ link from the top of the menu list to access the gift card store.
- Decide on the format of gift card you want to purchase. Amazon gift cards are available in three formats: electronic, printable, and mailable. They can therefore be delivered via email or Facebook, for printing at home, or via post to your recipient in a card or gift box. Note: Physical gift cards and gift boxes can only be sent to US addresses. If you're in Australia and wish to purchase a physical card, you can use Shopmate, a service that provides you with a US postal address and then forwards your items to you in Australia. Alternatively, all electronic versions can be sent to any email address worldwide. Select your delivery method to proceed.
- Now, select your type of gift card. On the next screen, select your design and occasion. You can personalise your gift card by adding a photo and/or a personalised message. You can also customise it to reflect the celebration, such as a birthday or wedding.
- Enter your gift card value (it can be any amount between $0.15 and $2,000) and fill in the rest of the required information, such as recipient’s name, email addresses, or mailing address. When you've filled out all the required fields, click ‘purchase’.
- Select a payment method, enter your payment details and authorise the transaction. That’s it, you have now purchased an Amazon gift card. Congratulations!
Where to find Amazon gift cards
The simplest, safest and easiest way to buy Amazon gift cards in Australia is to find and purchase them directly through the website. Simply visit the Amazon website and log into your account. Then, choose from any of the methods below to buy and access your gift card.
You can purchase and send Amazon gifts cards by:
- Email – this is ideal when you only have the recipient’s email address
- Facebook – perfect for sharing a gift with someone on their birthday or other special occasion
- Printing at home – so you can personally deliver the gift
- Mail – Note that shipping fees apply
- Animated gift card
- Selecting a funny Someecards
- Creating a video gift card featuring you and your friends
Regardless of how you purchase your Amazon gift card, no fees are payable (other than shipping fees, where relevant) and the same terms and conditions apply for redemption.
One important note: be wary when buying a gift card from a third-party outside of Amazon, as there is the possibility that the gift card may have been stolen or forged.
How to compare Amazon gift cards
Amazon gift cards are available to purchase and deliver in six different ways, allowing you to choose the most suitable gift card for the intended recipient. You can compare the benefits and drawbacks of each style of Amazon gift card by considering the recipient’s location, and the type of gift you’d like to give.
- The easiest and most flexible option is to purchase an electronic, online gift card. This can be sent via email with a code, as an animated gift card, or via Facebook, all of which mean it can be delivered anywhere in the world, free of charge.
- For those who wish to give a ‘tangible’ gift, purchasing an Amazon gift card as a printable voucher, greeting card or in a gift box, is the ideal choice. As with the electronic versions, these gift cards can be crafted in a multitude of customisable designs to suit your needs.
Note that for buyers in Australia, the cost of delivering a gift card or gift box needs to be taken into consideration. Depending on your location and the amount of gift cards you purchase, this can vary from a few dollars to as much as $15 or $20.
Things to consider when buying Amazon gift cards
Amazon gift cards are one of the most flexible gifts you can purchase online. Regardless of where you are and your recipient is in the world, an Amazon gift card can be purchased and redeemed with ease using a credit card in virtually any currency.
When the only information you have of your recipient's information is an email address, consider choosing an electronic format for your gift card. Emailing your Amazon gift card, or delivering it via Facebook, ensures speedy delivery and reduces the risk of the card getting lost.
Physical Amazon gift cards cannot be shipped to Australia direct from Amazon. You will have to use a mail forwarding service like Shopmate if you'd like to purchase a physical gift card.
Both the Amazon gift card purchaser and the gift card recipient will need to register an account with Amazon. Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.
Amazon gift cards purchased from the Amazon US website can only be redeemed from the US site. You can't redeem your card through Amazon Australia.