How to buy Alterra (1AG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Alterra shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Alterra is an asset management business based in Australia. Alterra shares (1AG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Alterra has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Alterra
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Alterra. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 1AG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Alterra reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Alterra. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Alterra stock price (ASX:1AG)Use our graph to track the performance of 1AG stocks over time.
Alterra shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.011 - $0.052|
|50-day moving average||$0.0168|
|200-day moving average||$0.0264|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.006|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Alterra stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Alterra price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||13.33%|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||13.33%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-22.73%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-41.38%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-63.83%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-62.22%|
|3 years (2019-06-27)||-62.22%|
|5 years (2017-06-26)||-19.05%|
Is Alterra under- or over-valued?
Valuing Alterra stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Alterra's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Alterra's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $338,526 (£191,107).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Alterra's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$1.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-1,336,332|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.29%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$6.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Alterra share dividends
We're not expecting Alterra to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Alterra share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Alterra's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.011 up to $0.052. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Alterra's is 0.6674. This would suggest that Alterra's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Alterra Limited engages in the origination, development, and management of agricultural land and water assets in Australia. Its flagship project is the Carpenters project, which covers an area of approximately 300 hectares of avocado development located in Pemberton, Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Carbon Conscious Limited and changed its name to Alterra Limited in March 2016. Alterra Limited was incorporated in 2008 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Alterra
Alterra in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
Ask an Expert