How to buy Alterity Therapeutics shares | A$0.048
Own Alterity Therapeutics shares in just a few minutes.
Alterity Therapeutics Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Alterity Therapeutics shares (ATH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.048 – a decrease of 4% over the previous week. Alterity Therapeutics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.4 million.
How to buy shares in Alterity Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Alterity Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ATH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Alterity Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.048, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Alterity Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Alterity Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Alterity Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Alterity Therapeutics performance over time
- Alterity Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are Alterity Therapeutics shares?
- Does Alterity Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Alterity Therapeutics's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Alterity Therapeutics's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.048, which is 60.42% up on its pre-crash value of $0.019 and 300.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.012.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Alterity Therapeutics shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $600.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,400.00.
Alterity Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ATH stocks over time.
Alterity Therapeutics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.048|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.012 - AUDA$0.083|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0533|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0312|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.02|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Alterity Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Alterity Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-4.00%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-14.29%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||200.00%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||200.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-26)||65.52%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||11.63%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-14.29%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-63.08%|
Alterity Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-352,922|
|Return on assets TTM||-58.4%|
|Return on equity TTM||-113.53%|
|Market capitalisation||$52.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Alterity Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Alterity Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Alterity Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Alterity Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.012 up to $0.083. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Alterity Therapeutics's is 0.8241. This would suggest that Alterity Therapeutics's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Alterity Therapeutics overview
Alterity Therapeutics Limited researches and develops therapeutic drugs for the treatment of Parkinsonian's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases in Australia. The company's lead drug candidates is ATH434 that has completed Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. It is also developing PBT2 for used as an antimicrobial agent. The company was formerly known as Prana Biotechnology Limited and changed its name to Alterity Therapeutics Limited in April 2019. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert