How to buy Altech Chemicals (ATC) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Altech Chemicals shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Altech Chemicals Limited is a chemicals business based in Australia. Altech Chemicals shares (ATC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Altech Chemicals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $696. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Altech Chemicals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Altech Chemicals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ATC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Altech Chemicals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Altech Chemicals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Altech Chemicals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Altech Chemicals stock a buy or sell?
- Altech Chemicals performance over time
- Are Altech Chemicals shares over-valued?
- Altech Chemicals's financials
- How volatile are Altech Chemicals shares?
- Does Altech Chemicals pay a dividend?
- Have Altech Chemicals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Altech Chemicals stock price (ASX:ATC)Use our graph to track the performance of ATC stocks over time.
Altech Chemicals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.035 - $0.105|
|50-day moving average||$0.0716|
|200-day moving average||$0.0588|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.002|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Altech Chemicals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Altech Chemicals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-11)||-14.29%|
|1 month (2021-09-17)||25.00%|
|3 months (2021-07-16)||83.67%|
|6 months (2021-04-16)||47.54%|
|1 year (2020-10-16)||73.08%|
|2 years (2019-10-18)||-25.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-18)||-33.33%|
|5 years (2016-10-18)||-18.18%|
Is Altech Chemicals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Altech Chemicals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Altech Chemicals's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Altech Chemicals's P/E ratio
Altech Chemicals's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 45x. In other words, Altech Chemicals shares trade at around 45x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Altech Chemicals's EBITDA
Altech Chemicals's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Altech Chemicals's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Altech Chemicals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$696|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.01%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.95%|
|Market capitalisation||$114.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Altech Chemicals share dividends
We're not expecting Altech Chemicals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Altech Chemicals's shares ever split?
Altech Chemicals's shares were split on 29 March 2010.
Altech Chemicals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Altech Chemicals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.035 up to $0.105. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Altech Chemicals's is 0.5549. This would suggest that Altech Chemicals's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Altech Chemicals overview
Altech Chemicals Limited focuses on producing high purity alumina used in the production of synthetic sapphire. It holds 100% interest in a kaolin deposit located in the Meckering, Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Australia Minerals and Mining Group Limited and changed its name to Altech Chemicals Limited in November 2014. Altech Chemicals Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Stocks similar to Altech Chemicals
Altech Chemicals in the news
Altech Chemicals : - HALLOYSITE DISCOVERED AT KERRIGAN KAOLIN DEPOSIT
Altech Chemicals Ltd (ASX:ATC) New Corporate Video - Lithium-Ion Battery Update
ALTECH CHEMICALS : DATE OF AGM AND CLOSING DATE FOR DIRECTOR NOMINATIONS
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the a2 Milk (A2M) share price on a high?
Shares in the trans-Tasman dairy company are down 55% over the last 12 months.
Why has the Bank of Queensland (BOQ) share price stumbled?
Shares in the Brisbane-based lender have risen nearly 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Tissue Repair IPO
Everything we know about the Tissue Repair IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
What is weighing down the Westpac share price today?
Westpac shares are up 43% over the past 12 months.
16 stocks to watch following Sydney’s “freedom day”
Airports, travel agents and pubs are set to soar post lockdown, but should share investors look beyond immediate short-term wins?
Why is the IAG share price on a high today?
Shares in the insurer are up just 10% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Nimy Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Nimy Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why the EML Payments share price is plunging today
The payment services company’s shares are up 16% in the last year.
How to invest in the Parabellum Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Parabellum Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert