How to buy Alliance Resources shares
Own Alliance Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Alliance Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Alliance Resources shares (AGS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Alliance Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $19,000.
How to buy shares in Alliance Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Alliance Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AGS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Alliance Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.25, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Alliance Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Alliance Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Alliance Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Alliance Resources performance over time
- Alliance Resources's financials
- How volatile are Alliance Resources shares?
- Does Alliance Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Alliance Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Alliance Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Alliance Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.25, which is 52.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.12 and 177.78% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.09.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Alliance Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $857.14 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,380.95.
Alliance Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AGS stocks over time.
Alliance Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.0845 - $0.255|
|50-day moving average||$0.2282|
|200-day moving average||$0.1733|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.012|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Alliance Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Alliance Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||31.58%|
|1 month (2020-12-16)||51.52%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||13.64%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||56.25%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||127.27%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||120.26%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||178.40%|
|5 years (2016-01-14)||118.53%|
Alliance Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$19,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||-11.95%|
|Market capitalisation||$44.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Alliance Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Alliance Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Alliance Resources's shares ever split?
Alliance Resources's shares were split on a 1:4 basis on 1 December 2016. So if you had owned 4 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Alliance Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 300% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Alliance Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Alliance Resources's share price.
Alliance Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Alliance Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.0845 up to $0.255. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Alliance Resources's is 0.2155. This would suggest that Alliance Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Alliance Resources overview
Alliance Resources Limited, together with its subsidiary, operates as a mineral exploration and mining company in Australia. Its flagship property includes the Wilcherry project covering an area of approximately 1,000 square kilometers located within the southern part of the Gawler Craton in the northern Eyre Peninsula. The company also holds interests in Gundockerta South Nickel-Gold project located in the east of Kalgoorlie Western Australia. Alliance Resources Limited was incorporated in 1994 and is headquartered in Southbank, Australia. Alliance Resources Limited operates as a subsidiary of Abbotsleigh Pty Ltd.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Alliance Resources units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert