How to buy Alliance Aviation Services (AQZ) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Alliance Aviation Services shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Alliance Aviation Services Limited is an airlines business based in Australia. Alliance Aviation Services shares (AQZ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Alliance Aviation Services has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $308.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Alliance Aviation Services
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Alliance Aviation Services. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AQZ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Alliance Aviation Services reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Alliance Aviation Services. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Alliance Aviation Services key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Alliance Aviation Services stock a buy or sell?
- Alliance Aviation Services performance over time
- Are Alliance Aviation Services shares over-valued?
- Alliance Aviation Services's financials
- How volatile are Alliance Aviation Services shares?
- Does Alliance Aviation Services pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Alliance Aviation Services stock price (ASX:AQZ)Use our graph to track the performance of AQZ stocks over time.
Alliance Aviation Services shares at a glance
|52-week range||$3.18 - $4.92|
|50-day moving average||$4.1459|
|200-day moving average||$4.2306|
|Dividend yield||$0.088 (2.09%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.209|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Alliance Aviation Services stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Alliance Aviation Services price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-17)||-0.71%|
|1 month (2021-08-25)||0.96%|
|3 months (2021-06-25)||-3.87%|
|6 months (2021-03-25)||7.11%|
|1 year (2020-09-25)||20.57%|
|2 years (2019-09-25)||81.90%|
|3 years (2018-09-25)||72.95%|
|5 years (2016-09-23)||427.50%|
Is Alliance Aviation Services under- or over-valued?
Valuing Alliance Aviation Services stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Alliance Aviation Services's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Alliance Aviation Services's P/E ratio
Alliance Aviation Services's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 20x. In other words, Alliance Aviation Services shares trade at around 20x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Alliance Aviation Services's EBITDA
Alliance Aviation Services's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $87.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Alliance Aviation Services's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Alliance Aviation Services financials
|Revenue TTM||$308.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||17.18%|
|Gross profit TTM||$100 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.34%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$677.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Alliance Aviation Services share dividends
We're not expecting Alliance Aviation Services to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Alliance Aviation Services share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Alliance Aviation Services's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.18 up to $4.92. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Alliance Aviation Services's is 1.0872. This would suggest that Alliance Aviation Services's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Alliance Aviation Services overview
Alliance Aviation Services Limited provides aviation services to tourism, resources, mining, education, government, corporate, and sporting sectors in Australia and internationally. The company also offers specialized aviation services, including aircraft wet leasing, airport management, aircraft trading, parts sales, engine leasing, and engineering to other airlines and clients. As of August 11, 2021, it operated a fleet of 7 E190, 24 Fokker F100, and 14 Fokker 70LR jet aircrafts; and 5 Fokker 50 turboprops aircrafts. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to Alliance Aviation Services
Alliance Aviation Services in the news
Alliance Aviation Services Limited (ASX:AQZ) Shares Could Be 48% Below Their Intrinsic Value Estimate
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
Virgin Tasmania flights sale from $49 and double status credits
Virgin Australia launches more direct Tassie services with flexible flights taking off from October 2021.
How to invest in the Hamelin Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Hamelin Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert