How to buy Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Allegiant Travel Company shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Allegiant Travel Company is an airlines business with stocks listed in the US. Allegiant Travel Company shares (ALGT) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$176.45 – a decrease of 5.19% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in Allegiant Travel Company
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Allegiant Travel Company. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ALGT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Allegiant Travel Company reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$188.2, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Allegiant Travel Company, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Allegiant Travel Company. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Allegiant Travel Company key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Allegiant Travel Company stock a buy or sell?
- Allegiant Travel Company performance over time
- Are Allegiant Travel Company shares over-valued?
- Allegiant Travel Company's financials
- How volatile are Allegiant Travel Company shares?
- Does Allegiant Travel Company pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Allegiant Travel Company stock price (NASDAQ:ALGT)Use our graph to track the performance of ALGT stocks over time.
Allegiant Travel Company shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$163.6 - US$271.29|
|50-day moving average||US$183.9646|
|200-day moving average||US$199.3332|
|Dividend yield||US$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$6.572|
Where to buy Allegiant Travel Company stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Allegiant Travel Company stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Allegiant Travel Company price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-13)||-5.83%|
|1 month (2021-12-23)||-7.22%|
|3 months (2021-10-22)||-4.07%|
|6 months (2021-07-23)||-6.89%|
|1 year (2021-01-22)||-7.82%|
|2 years (2020-01-23)||0.94%|
|3 years (2019-01-23)||48.23%|
|5 years (2017-01-23)||0.11%|
Stocks similar to Allegiant Travel Company
Is Allegiant Travel Company under- or over-valued?
Valuing Allegiant Travel Company stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Allegiant Travel Company's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Allegiant Travel Company's P/E ratio
Allegiant Travel Company's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 28x. In other words, Allegiant Travel Company shares trade at around 28x recent earnings.
That's comparable to, say, the trailing 12-month P/E ratio for the NASDAQ 100 at the end of 2019 (27.29).
Allegiant Travel Company's EBITDA
Allegiant Travel Company's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is US$161.5 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Allegiant Travel Company's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Allegiant Travel Company financials
|Revenue TTM||US$1.5 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||2.09%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$121.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.81%|
|Market capitalisation||US$3.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Allegiant Travel Company share dividends
We're not expecting Allegiant Travel Company to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Allegiant Travel Company share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Allegiant Travel Company's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$163.6 up to US$271.29. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Allegiant Travel Company's is 1.6011. This would suggest that Allegiant Travel Company's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Allegiant Travel Company overview
Allegiant Travel Company, a leisure travel company, provides travel services and products to residents of under-served cities in the United States. The company offers scheduled air transportation on limited-frequency, nonstop flights between under-served cities and leisure destinations. As of February 12, 2021, it operated a fleet of 97 Airbus A320 series aircraft. The company also provides air-related services and products in conjunction with air transportation, including convenience and baggage fees, advance seat assignments, travel protection products, priority boarding, food and beverage purchases on board, and other air-related services, as well as use of its call center for purchases. In addition, it offers third party travel products, such as hotel rooms and ground transportation, such as rental cars and hotel shuttle products; and air transportation services through fixed fee agreements and charter service on a year-round and ad-hoc basis. Further, the company operates a golf course. Allegiant Travel Company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Allegiant Travel Company in the news
Markets are expected to remain on edge as the Fed meets in the week ahead
Airline Stock Roundup: 5G Rollout Scare, UAL & DAL's Q4 Earnings Grab Headlines
Netflix quietly admits streaming competition is eating into growth
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
N95 vs KN95 face masks: What’s the difference?
Which one protects you best, and where can you buy them online?
9 tips for founders I learned from launching a startup in a pandemic
Here’s what Ryan Edwards-Pritchard learned so far about building a startup in the grips of a pandemic.
How to watch Arsenal vs Liverpool in the Carabao Cup live and free in Australia
Arsenal and Liverpool are locked at 0-0 ahead of their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg this week.
Ask an Expert