How to buy Allegiance Coal (AHQ) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Allegiance Coal shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Allegiance Coal is a coking coal business based in Australia. Allegiance Coal shares (AHQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Allegiance Coal has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $13.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Allegiance Coal
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Allegiance Coal. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AHQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Allegiance Coal reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Allegiance Coal. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Allegiance Coal key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Allegiance Coal stock a buy or sell?
- Allegiance Coal performance over time
- Allegiance Coal's financials
- How volatile are Allegiance Coal shares?
- Does Allegiance Coal pay a dividend?
- Have Allegiance Coal shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Allegiance Coal stock price (ASX:AHQ)Use our graph to track the performance of AHQ stocks over time.
Allegiance Coal shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.435 - $0.765|
|50-day moving average||$0.542|
|200-day moving average||$0.5358|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.174|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Allegiance Coal stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Allegiance Coal price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||-14.00%|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-23.21%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-9.47%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-12.24%|
|1 year (2021-07-02)||-37.68%|
|2 years (2020-07-03)||-76.76%|
|3 years (2019-07-03)||-75.43%|
|5 years (2017-07-03)||-38.57%|
Allegiance Coal financials
|Revenue TTM||$13.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-9,045,530|
|Return on assets TTM||-22.19%|
|Return on equity TTM||-90.5%|
|Market capitalisation||$187.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Allegiance Coal share dividends
We're not expecting Allegiance Coal to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Allegiance Coal's shares ever split?
Allegiance Coal's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 4 May 2021. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Allegiance Coal shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Allegiance Coal shares which in turn could have impacted Allegiance Coal's share price.
Allegiance Coal share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Allegiance Coal's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.435 up to $0.765. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Allegiance Coal's is 0.3771. This would suggest that Allegiance Coal's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Allegiance Coal overview
Allegiance Coal Limited engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of coal tenements. It holds interests in the New Elk metallurgical coal project located in Las Animas County, in southeast Colorado; Telkwa metallurgical coal project located in British Columbia, Canada; and the Kilmain Project located in the Bowen Basin. The company was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Allegiance Coal
Allegiance Coal in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Octava Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Octava Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
Ask an Expert