How to buy Allegiance Coal shares
Own Allegiance Coal shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Allegiance Coal Limited is a coking coal business based in Australia. Allegiance Coal shares (AHQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Allegiance Coal has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $9,454..
How to buy shares in Allegiance Coal
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Allegiance Coal. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AHQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Allegiance Coal reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.06, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Allegiance Coal. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Allegiance Coal key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Allegiance Coal stock a buy or sell?
- Allegiance Coal performance over time
- Allegiance Coal's financials
- How volatile are Allegiance Coal shares?
- Does Allegiance Coal pay a dividend?
- Have Allegiance Coal shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Allegiance Coal share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AHQ stocks over time.
Allegiance Coal shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.057 - $0.172|
|50-day moving average||$0.07|
|200-day moving average||$0.0707|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Allegiance Coal stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Allegiance Coal price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-15.49%|
|1 month (2020-12-22)||20.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-22)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-22)||-9.09%|
|1 year (2020-01-18)||N/A|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||15.38%|
|3 years (2018-01-18)||N/A|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||140.00%|
Allegiance Coal financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-4,188,744|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$36.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Allegiance Coal share dividends
We're not expecting Allegiance Coal to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Allegiance Coal's shares ever split?
Allegiance Coal's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 10 November 2016. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Allegiance Coal shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Allegiance Coal shares which in turn could have impacted Allegiance Coal's share price.
Allegiance Coal share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Allegiance Coal's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.057 up to $0.172. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Allegiance Coal's is 0.2007. This would suggest that Allegiance Coal's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Allegiance Coal overview
Allegiance Coal Limited engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of coal tenements. It holds interests in the New Elk metallurgical coal project located in Las Animas County, in southeast Colorado; Telkwa metallurgical coal project located in British Columbia, Canada; Kilmain Project located in the Bowen Basin; and The Back Creek Project located in the in the Surat Basin. The company was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best RC planes in Australia
From the best RC plane for beginners to the top model for aerial photography, these are the six best RC planes in Australia right now.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$52.87
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$104.51
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$24.15
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$89.59
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$17.03
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$75.86
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$51.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Allegiance Coal units | A$9.49
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert