How to buy Alkane Resources shares
Own Alkane Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Alkane Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Alkane Resources shares (ALK) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Alkane Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $72.5 million.
How to buy shares in Alkane Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Alkane Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ALK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Alkane Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.305, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Alkane Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Alkane Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Alkane Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Alkane Resources performance over time
- Are Alkane Resources shares over-valued?
- Alkane Resources's financials
- How volatile are Alkane Resources shares?
- Does Alkane Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Alkane Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Alkane Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Alkane Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.305, which is 20.31% up on its pre-crash value of $1.04 and 180.65% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.465.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Alkane Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $703.70 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,611.11.
Alkane Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ALK stocks over time.
Alkane Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.465 - $1.54|
|50-day moving average||$0.9779|
|200-day moving average||$1.1745|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.023|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Alkane Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Alkane Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||39.57%|
|1 month (2020-12-16)||33.85%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-7.45%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||10.13%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||93.33%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||586.84%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||278.26%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||480.00%|
Is Alkane Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Alkane Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Alkane Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Alkane Resources's P/E ratio
Alkane Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 41x. In other words, Alkane Resources shares trade at around 41x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Alkane Resources's EBITDA
Alkane Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $29.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Alkane Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Alkane Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$72.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||27.06%|
|Gross profit TTM||$30.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||5.55%|
|Market capitalisation||$556.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Alkane Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Alkane Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Alkane Resources's shares ever split?
Alkane Resources's shares were split on 21 November 2007.
Alkane Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Alkane Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.465 up to $1.54. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Alkane Resources's is 0.405. This would suggest that Alkane Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Alkane Resources overview
Alkane Resources Limited operates as a multi-commodity exploration and development company in Australia. It explores for gold, copper, zinc, titanium, nickel, cobalt, and rare earth elements. The company owns an interest in the Tomingley Gold project that consists of four deposits located in the Central West of New South Wales. Its exploration projects comprise the Northern Molong Porphyry Project, Cudal, Peak Hill, Wellington, Elsienora, Rockley, and other projects. The company is headquartered in Burswood, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Alkane Resources units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert