How to buy ALE Property Group shares
Own ALE Property Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
ALE Property Group is a reit-hotel & motel business based in Australia. ALE Property Group shares (LEP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. ALE Property Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $61.4 million..
How to buy shares in ALE Property Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for ALE Property Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: LEP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until ALE Property Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.84, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of ALE Property Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- ALE Property Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is ALE Property Group stock a buy or sell?
- ALE Property Group performance over time
- Are ALE Property Group shares over-valued?
- ALE Property Group's financials
- How volatile are ALE Property Group shares?
- Does ALE Property Group pay a dividend?
- Have ALE Property Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
ALE Property Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of LEP stocks over time.
ALE Property Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$3.1774 - $5.4457|
|50-day moving average||$4.7318|
|200-day moving average||$4.6611|
|Dividend yield||$0.21 (4.53%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.102|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy ALE Property Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
ALE Property Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-16)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||3.20%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||12.82%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||-2.22%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||-14.94%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||0.62%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||-0.21%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||28.72%|
Is ALE Property Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing ALE Property Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of ALE Property Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
ALE Property Group's P/E ratio
ALE Property Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 47x. In other words, ALE Property Group shares trade at around 47x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
ALE Property Group's EBITDA
ALE Property Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $53 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a ALE Property Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
ALE Property Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$61.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||86.07%|
|Gross profit TTM||$54.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.74%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.37%|
|Market capitalisation||$929.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
ALE Property Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 212% of net profits
Recently ALE Property Group has paid out, on average, around 212% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.53% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), ALE Property Group shareholders could enjoy a 4.53% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In ALE Property Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.21 per share.
ALE Property Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 30 December 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have ALE Property Group's shares ever split?
ALE Property Group's shares were split on 10 August 2009.
ALE Property Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, ALE Property Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.1774 up to $5.4457. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while ALE Property Group's is 0.6021. This would suggest that ALE Property Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
ALE Property Group overview
ALE Property Group (ASX:LEP) is the owner of Australia's largest portfolio of freehold pub properties. Established in November 2003, ALE owns a portfolio of around 86 pub properties across the five mainland states of Australia. All of the properties are leased to Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group Limited (ALH) for an average initial term of around a further 9 years. ALH is owned by a joint venture (ALH Group); 75% is controlled by Woolworths Limited, Australia's leading retailer and the remaining 25% by one of Australia's leading hoteliers, the Bruce Mathieson Group (BMG). ALH Group, through its ownership of MGW, BMG and Taverner is Australia's leading pub operator. Woolworths is Australia's leading liquor retailer. Its operations include Dan Murphys and BWS.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$52.99
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$102.74
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$23.95
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$89.71
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$17.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$75.63
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$49.9
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy ALE Property Group units | A$9.2
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert