How to buy Alara Resources shares
Own Alara Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Alara Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Alara Resources shares (AUQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Alara Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $642,852..
How to buy shares in Alara Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Alara Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AUQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Alara Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.017, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Alara Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Alara Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Alara Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Alara Resources performance over time
- Are Alara Resources shares over-valued?
- Alara Resources's financials
- How volatile are Alara Resources shares?
- Does Alara Resources pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Alara Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Alara Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.017, which is 5.88% up on its pre-crash value of $0.016 and 41.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.012.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Alara Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,000.00.
Alara Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AUQ stocks over time.
Alara Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.012 - $0.022|
|50-day moving average||$0.0166|
|200-day moving average||$0.0142|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Alara Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Alara Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||0%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-19.05%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||13.33%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||21.43%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||0%|
|2 years (2019-01-17)||-15.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-18)||-41.38%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||23.19%|
Is Alara Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Alara Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Alara Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Alara Resources's P/E ratio
Alara Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, Alara Resources shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Alara Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$642,852|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.1%|
|Return on equity TTM||-0.07%|
|Market capitalisation||$10.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Alara Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Alara Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Alara Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Alara Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.012 up to $0.022. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Alara Resources's is -0.08. This would suggest that Alara Resources's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Alara Resources has bucked the trend.
Alara Resources overview
Alara Resources Limited explores, evaluates, and develops mineral properties in Australia, Saudi Arabia, and Oman. Its flagship property is the Khnaiguiyah Zinc-Copper project located in Saudi Arabia. The company also holds a 50% interest in the Daris Copper-Gold project, which include two mining license covering an area of 587 square kilometers located in Oman. Alara Resources Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is based in Balcatta, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Alara Resources units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert