How to buy AJ Lucas Group shares
Own AJ Lucas Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AJ Lucas Group Limited is an engineering & construction business based in Australia. AJ Lucas Group shares (AJL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. AJ Lucas Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $130.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in AJ Lucas Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AJ Lucas Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AJL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AJ Lucas Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AJ Lucas Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- AJ Lucas Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is AJ Lucas Group stock a buy or sell?
- AJ Lucas Group performance over time
- Are AJ Lucas Group shares over-valued?
- AJ Lucas Group's financials
- How volatile are AJ Lucas Group shares?
- Does AJ Lucas Group pay a dividend?
- Have AJ Lucas Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
AJ Lucas Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AJL stocks over time.
AJ Lucas Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.023 - $0.051|
|50-day moving average||$0.0283|
|200-day moving average||$0.0288|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.009|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy AJ Lucas Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AJ Lucas Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-16)||3.70%|
|1 month (2021-05-21)||0.028|
|3 months (2021-03-23)||-15.15%|
|6 months (2020-12-23)||12.00%|
|1 year (2020-06-23)||-17.65%|
|2 years (2019-06-21)||-60.51%|
|3 years (2018-06-22)||-90.33%|
|5 years (2016-06-23)||-80.85%|
Is AJ Lucas Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing AJ Lucas Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AJ Lucas Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AJ Lucas Group's P/E ratio
AJ Lucas Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 3x. In other words, AJ Lucas Group shares trade at around 3x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
AJ Lucas Group's EBITDA
AJ Lucas Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $25.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a AJ Lucas Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
AJ Lucas Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$130.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||15.85%|
|Gross profit TTM||$30.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.09%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.97%|
|Market capitalisation||$32.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AJ Lucas Group share dividends
We're not expecting AJ Lucas Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have AJ Lucas Group's shares ever split?
AJ Lucas Group's shares were split on 8 December 2002.
AJ Lucas Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AJ Lucas Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.023 up to $0.051. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AJ Lucas Group's is 0.5694. This would suggest that AJ Lucas Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
AJ Lucas Group overview
AJ Lucas Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides drilling services in Australia. The company operates in two segments: Drilling, and Oil and Gas. The Drilling segment offers drilling services primarily to the coal and coal seam gas industries for the degasification of coal mines and associated services, as well as commercial extraction of gas. This segment also provides a range of engineering services, including design of wells, drilling optimization, professional steering services, and specialized equipment for directional drilling programs. The Oil and Gas segment engages in the exploration, development, and commercialization of unconventional and conventional hydrocarbons in the United Kingdom. It serves energy, mining, and infrastructure sectors. The company was incorporated in 1993 and is headquartered in North Sydney, Australia. AJ Lucas Group Limited is a subsidiary of Kerogen Investments No. 1 (HK) Limited.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone keep raising their prices even as the rest of the market is more affordable than ever.
Prime Day VR gaming deal: $60 off the Oculus Quest 2
Amazon is selling the standalone Oculus Quest 2 virtual-reality headset for $432.12. You can also score $77 off the 256GB version.
Barefoot Investor: How to watch Scott Pape’s Money Movement docu-series online
This fresh docu-series features the one and only Barefoot Investor.
Prime Day’s best health and fitness deals: Garmin, FitBit, PranaOn
Stocking up on your favourite supplements or adding to your home gym, Amazon has got you covered with these red-hot offers.
Amazon Prime Day’s best camera deals: Nikon, Panasonic and more
DSLR, digital, polaroids, lenses and accessories - these are the best camera deals Amazon has to offer this Prime Day.
Biggest Amazon Prime Day discounts: 75% off games + heaps more
Top offers so far include 75% off games, 68% off tech and 38% off alcohol.
Jetstar sale offers new route to “Australia’s most beautiful coastlines”
You have to be quick, these fares are gone with the strike of midnight.
Kobo Elipsa review: An eReader and eNote 2-in-1
The Kobo Elipsa makes a valiant attempt to bridge the gap between eReader and eNote. It doesn’t manage to excel at being one or the other as its big for an eReader, and slow for an eNote.
Amazon Prime Day: Best board game offers on Hasbro, MONOPOLY, Jenga
From children to teens and adults, Amazon has got you covered with these awesome board game deals.
Ask an Expert