How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals shares
Own AFT Pharmaceuticals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AFT Pharmaceuticals Limited is a drug manufacturers—specialty & generic business based in Australia. AFT Pharmaceuticals shares (AFP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $479.3 million.
How to buy shares in AFT Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AFT Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AFP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AFT Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.71, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AFT Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- AFT Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is AFT Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- AFT Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- Are AFT Pharmaceuticals shares over-valued?
- AFT Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are AFT Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does AFT Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted AFT Pharmaceuticals's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, AFT Pharmaceuticals's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $4.71, which is 34.18% up on its pre-crash value of $3.1 and 51.94% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $3.1.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of AFT Pharmaceuticals shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,129.03 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,519.35.
AFT Pharmaceuticals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AFP stocks over time.
AFT Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$2.66 - $5.05|
|50-day moving average||$4.6939|
|200-day moving average||$4.2235|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.1175|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AFT Pharmaceuticals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-11)||-4.46%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||14.04%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||0.43%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||15.16%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||51.94%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||138.48%|
|3 years (2018-01-18)||124.29%|
|5 years (2016-01-18)||68.21%|
Is AFT Pharmaceuticals under- or over-valued?
Valuing AFT Pharmaceuticals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AFT Pharmaceuticals's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AFT Pharmaceuticals's P/E ratio
AFT Pharmaceuticals's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 39x. In other words, AFT Pharmaceuticals shares trade at around 39x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
AFT Pharmaceuticals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$48.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||9.54%|
|Return on equity TTM||113.6%|
|Market capitalisation||$479.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AFT Pharmaceuticals share dividends
We're not expecting AFT Pharmaceuticals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
AFT Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AFT Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.66 up to $5.05. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AFT Pharmaceuticals's is 0.4146. This would suggest that AFT Pharmaceuticals's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
AFT Pharmaceuticals overview
AFT Pharmaceuticals Limited develops, licenses, and sells pharmaceutical products in New Zealand, Australia, Southeast Asia, and internationally. The company offers approximately 130 prescription and non-prescription products for use in the areas of allergy, eye care, first aid, fungal, pain management, and skin care, as well as supplements. It is also involved in the distribution of pharmaceuticals. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert