How to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals (AFP) shares
Learn how to easily invest in AFT Pharmaceuticals shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AFT Pharmaceuticals Limited is a drug manufacturers-specialty & generic business based in Australia. AFT Pharmaceuticals shares (AFP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. AFT Pharmaceuticals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $113.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in AFT Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AFT Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AFP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AFT Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AFT Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- AFT Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is AFT Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- AFT Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- Are AFT Pharmaceuticals shares over-valued?
- AFT Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are AFT Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does AFT Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
AFT Pharmaceuticals stock price (ASX:AFP)Use our graph to track the performance of AFP stocks over time.
AFT Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$3.64 - $5.25|
|50-day moving average||$4.2817|
|200-day moving average||$4.3085|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.067|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy AFT Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AFT Pharmaceuticals price performance over time
|1 month (2021-06-25)||9.29%|
Is AFT Pharmaceuticals under- or over-valued?
Valuing AFT Pharmaceuticals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AFT Pharmaceuticals's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AFT Pharmaceuticals's P/E ratio
AFT Pharmaceuticals's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 65x. In other words, AFT Pharmaceuticals shares trade at around 65x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
AFT Pharmaceuticals's EBITDA
AFT Pharmaceuticals's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $11 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a AFT Pharmaceuticals's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
AFT Pharmaceuticals financials
|Revenue TTM||$113.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||9.47%|
|Gross profit TTM||$48.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.97%|
|Return on equity TTM||28.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$455.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AFT Pharmaceuticals share dividends
We're not expecting AFT Pharmaceuticals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
AFT Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AFT Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.64 up to $5.25. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AFT Pharmaceuticals's is 0.1714. This would suggest that AFT Pharmaceuticals's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
AFT Pharmaceuticals overview
AFT Pharmaceuticals Limited develops, licenses, distributes, and sells pharmaceutical products in New Zealand, Australia, Southeast Asia, and internationally. The company offers products for use in the areas of allergy, cold and flu, digestive health, eye care, first aid, nail and oral care, pain management, skin care, and other products, as well as supplements. The company was incorporated in 1997 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand.
AFT Pharmaceuticals in the news
What Percentage Of AFT Pharmaceuticals Limited (NZSE:AFT) Shares Do Insiders Own?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Hellenic Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Shopping.io (SPI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Shopping.io (SPI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy LUKSO Token (LYXE) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the LUKSO Token (LYXE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy KardiaChain (KAI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the KardiaChain (KAI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Neutrino USD (USDN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Neutrino USD (USDN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Venus BTC (VBTC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Venus BTC (VBTC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert