How to buy AF Legal Group shares | A$0.28
Own AF Legal Group shares in just a few minutes.
AF Legal Group Limited is a personal services business based in Australia. AF Legal Group shares (AFL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.28 – the same closing value as a week prior. AF Legal Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $7 million.
How to buy shares in AF Legal Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AF Legal Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AFL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AF Legal Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.28, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AF Legal Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- AF Legal Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is AF Legal Group stock a buy or sell?
- AF Legal Group performance over time
- Are AF Legal Group shares over-valued?
- AF Legal Group's financials
- How volatile are AF Legal Group shares?
- Does AF Legal Group pay a dividend?
- Have AF Legal Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted AF Legal Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, AF Legal Group's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.28, which is 53.57% up on its pre-crash value of $0.13 and 211.11% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.09.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of AF Legal Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $613.33 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,866.67.
AF Legal Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AFL stocks over time.
AF Legal Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.28|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.09 - AUDA$0.34|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2892|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1942|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy AF Legal Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AF Legal Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-6.67%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-9.68%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||204.35%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-20)||N/A|
Is AF Legal Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing AF Legal Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AF Legal Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AF Legal Group's P/E ratio
AF Legal Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 97x. In other words, AF Legal Group shares trade at around 97x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
AF Legal Group's EBITDA
AF Legal Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1 million (£564,070).
The EBITDA is a measure of a AF Legal Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
AF Legal Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||5.53%|
|Gross profit TTM||$6.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.27%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.5%|
|Market capitalisation||$16.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AF Legal Group share dividends
We're not expecting AF Legal Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have AF Legal Group's shares ever split?
AF Legal Group's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 9 April 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your AF Legal Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for AF Legal Group shares which in turn could have impacted AF Legal Group's share price.
AF Legal Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AF Legal Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.09 up to $0.34. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AF Legal Group's is 0.3494. This would suggest that AF Legal Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
AF Legal Group overview
AF Legal Group Limited operates as a family and relationship law company in Australia. It provides law services in various areas, including divorce and separation, property settlement, children's matters, spousal maintenance, same-sex and de facto couples, intervention orders, child support, and mediation together with related and ancillary services. The company, formerly known as Navigator Resources Limited, was incorporated in 1994 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert