How to buy AF Legal Group shares
Own AF Legal Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AF Legal Group Limited is a personal services business based in Australia. AF Legal Group shares (AFL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. AF Legal Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $8.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in AF Legal Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AF Legal Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AFL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AF Legal Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AF Legal Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- AF Legal Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is AF Legal Group stock a buy or sell?
- AF Legal Group performance over time
- Are AF Legal Group shares over-valued?
- AF Legal Group's financials
- How volatile are AF Legal Group shares?
- Does AF Legal Group pay a dividend?
- Have AF Legal Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
AF Legal Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AFL stocks over time.
AF Legal Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.19 - $0.67|
|50-day moving average||$0.6208|
|200-day moving average||$0.5365|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.008|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy AF Legal Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AF Legal Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-11)||0.84%|
|1 month (2021-05-19)||0.6|
|3 months (2021-03-18)||17.65%|
|6 months (2020-12-18)||36.36%|
|1 year (2020-06-18)||207.69%|
|2 years (2019-06-18)||185.71%|
|3 years (2018-06-15)||inf%|
|5 years (2016-06-17)||-85.00%|
Is AF Legal Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing AF Legal Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AF Legal Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AF Legal Group's P/E ratio
AF Legal Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 75x. In other words, AF Legal Group shares trade at around 75x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
AF Legal Group's EBITDA
AF Legal Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $672,394.
The EBITDA is a measure of a AF Legal Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
AF Legal Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$8.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||6.72%|
|Gross profit TTM||$6.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.99%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.99%|
|Market capitalisation||$43.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AF Legal Group share dividends
We're not expecting AF Legal Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have AF Legal Group's shares ever split?
AF Legal Group's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 9 April 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your AF Legal Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for AF Legal Group shares which in turn could have impacted AF Legal Group's share price.
AF Legal Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AF Legal Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.19 up to $0.67. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AF Legal Group's is 0.9215. This would suggest that AF Legal Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
AF Legal Group overview
AF Legal Group Limited operates as a family and relationship law firm in Australia. It provides family law services, such as separation, divorce, child custody, child support, spousal maintenance, and property settlement. The company was formerly known as Navigator Resources Limited and changed its name to AF Legal Group Limited in May 2019. AF Legal Group Limited was incorporated in 1994 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert