How to buy Advanced Braking Technology shares | A$0.035
Own Advanced Braking Technology shares in just a few minutes.
Advanced Braking Technology Limited is an auto parts business based in Australia. Advanced Braking Technology shares (ABV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.035 – an increase of 2.94% over the previous week. Advanced Braking Technology has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $8.3 million.
How to buy shares in Advanced Braking Technology
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Advanced Braking Technology. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ABV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Advanced Braking Technology reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.035, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Advanced Braking Technology. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Advanced Braking Technology key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Advanced Braking Technology stock a buy or sell?
- Advanced Braking Technology performance over time
- Are Advanced Braking Technology shares over-valued?
- Advanced Braking Technology's financials
- How volatile are Advanced Braking Technology shares?
- Does Advanced Braking Technology pay a dividend?
- Have Advanced Braking Technology shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Advanced Braking Technology's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Advanced Braking Technology's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.035, which is 0.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.035 and 133.33% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.015.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Advanced Braking Technology shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $500.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,166.67.
Advanced Braking Technology share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ABV stocks over time.
Advanced Braking Technology shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.035|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.015 - AUDA$0.042|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0327|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0265|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Advanced Braking Technology stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Advanced Braking Technology price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-12)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||9.38%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||75.00%|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||133.33%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||34.62%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||40.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-36.36%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-51.05%|
Is Advanced Braking Technology under- or over-valued?
Valuing Advanced Braking Technology stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Advanced Braking Technology's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Advanced Braking Technology's P/E ratio
Advanced Braking Technology's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 66x. In other words, Advanced Braking Technology shares trade at around 66x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Advanced Braking Technology's EBITDA
Advanced Braking Technology's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $786,000 (£437,241).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Advanced Braking Technology's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Advanced Braking Technology financials
|Revenue TTM||$8.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||6.18%|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.52%|
|Return on equity TTM||5.67%|
|Market capitalisation||$15.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Advanced Braking Technology share dividends
We're not expecting Advanced Braking Technology to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Advanced Braking Technology's shares ever split?
Advanced Braking Technology's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 3 December 2018. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Advanced Braking Technology shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Advanced Braking Technology shares which in turn could have impacted Advanced Braking Technology's share price.
Advanced Braking Technology share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Advanced Braking Technology's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.015 up to $0.042. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Advanced Braking Technology's is 0.4048. This would suggest that Advanced Braking Technology's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Advanced Braking Technology overview
Advanced Braking Technology Limited researches, designs, develops, manufactures, commercializes, and sells braking systems and brake parts worldwide. The company offers service, parking, and emergency sealed integrated braking systems for light, underground mining, and heavy commercial vehicles under the Terra Dura, ABT Failsafe, and ABT Failsafe Emergency brand names. It also provides installation and maintenance services. The company serves in various industries, including mining, defense, civil construction, and waste management. Advanced Braking Technology Limited was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Wangara, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert