How to buy Advance NanoTek shares | A$3.67
Own Advance NanoTek shares in just a few minutes.
Advance NanoTek Limited is a chemicals business based in Australia. Advance NanoTek shares (ANO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $3.67 – an increase of 9.88% over the previous week. Advance NanoTek has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $19.4 million.
How to buy shares in Advance NanoTek
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Advance NanoTek. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ANO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Advance NanoTek reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.67, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Advance NanoTek. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Advance NanoTek key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Advance NanoTek stock a buy or sell?
- Advance NanoTek performance over time
- Are Advance NanoTek shares over-valued?
- Advance NanoTek's financials
- How volatile are Advance NanoTek shares?
- Does Advance NanoTek pay a dividend?
- Have Advance NanoTek shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Advance NanoTek's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Advance NanoTek's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $3.67, which is 40.81% down on its pre-crash value of $6.2 and 4.26% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $3.52.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Advance NanoTek shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $658.58 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $636.05.
Advance NanoTek share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ANO stocks over time.
Advance NanoTek shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$3.67|
|52-week range||AUDA$3.2 - AUDA$6.98|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.5408|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$4.1853|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.088|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Advance NanoTek stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Advance NanoTek price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||9.88%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||7.94%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||-25.10%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||-3.42%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||-25.25%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||290.72%|
|3 years (2017-09-18)||774.43%|
|5 years (2015-09-15)||N/A|
Is Advance NanoTek under- or over-valued?
Valuing Advance NanoTek stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Advance NanoTek's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Advance NanoTek's P/E ratio
Advance NanoTek's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, Advance NanoTek shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Advance NanoTek's EBITDA
Advance NanoTek's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $7.5 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Advance NanoTek's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Advance NanoTek financials
|Revenue TTM||$19.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||36.71%|
|Gross profit TTM||$12.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||17.19%|
|Return on equity TTM||23.22%|
|Market capitalisation||$199.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Advance NanoTek share dividends
We're not expecting Advance NanoTek to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Advance NanoTek's shares ever split?
Advance NanoTek's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 4 October 2017. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Advance NanoTek shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Advance NanoTek shares which in turn could have impacted Advance NanoTek's share price.
Advance NanoTek share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Advance NanoTek's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.2 up to $6.98. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Advance NanoTek's is 1.3982. This would suggest that Advance NanoTek's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Advance NanoTek overview
Advance NanoTek Limited, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures aluminum oxide powder, and zinc oxide dispersions and powder for use in the personal care sector in Australia, the United States, Canada, Europe, and internationally. It produces and distributes dispersion of mineral-only UV filters in cosmetic emollients that are used for sunscreen, skincare, and pharmaceutical formulations, as well as alumina plate-like powders used for cosmetic applications. The company operates through a network of distributors and affiliate partners. Advance NanoTek Limited was founded in 1997 and is based in Rocklea, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert