How to buy Actinogen Medical shares
Own Actinogen Medical shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Actinogen Medical Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Actinogen Medical shares (ACW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Actinogen Medical has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.5 million.
How to buy shares in Actinogen Medical
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Actinogen Medical. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ACW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Actinogen Medical reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.022, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Actinogen Medical. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Actinogen Medical key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Actinogen Medical stock a buy or sell?
- Actinogen Medical performance over time
- Actinogen Medical's financials
- How volatile are Actinogen Medical shares?
- Does Actinogen Medical pay a dividend?
- Have Actinogen Medical shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Actinogen Medical's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Actinogen Medical's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.022, which is 26.67% down on its pre-crash value of $0.03 and 46.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.015.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Actinogen Medical shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $457.14 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $628.57.
Actinogen Medical share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ACW stocks over time.
Actinogen Medical shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.015 - $0.0565|
|50-day moving average||$0.0272|
|200-day moving average||$0.0237|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.009|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Actinogen Medical stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Actinogen Medical price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||4.76%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||10.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-12.00%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||-4.35%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-35.29%|
|2 years (2019-01-17)||-61.40%|
|3 years (2018-01-17)||-48.84%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-60.00%|
Actinogen Medical financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-23.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||-40.15%|
|Market capitalisation||$26.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Actinogen Medical share dividends
We're not expecting Actinogen Medical to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Actinogen Medical's shares ever split?
Actinogen Medical's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 3 December 2013. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Actinogen Medical shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Actinogen Medical shares which in turn could have impacted Actinogen Medical's share price.
Actinogen Medical share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Actinogen Medical's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.015 up to $0.0565. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Actinogen Medical's is 2.4723. This would suggest that Actinogen Medical's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Actinogen Medical overview
Actinogen Medical Limited, a biotechnology company, develops therapies for cognitive impairment associated with chronic neurological, psychiatric, and metabolic diseases in Australia. The company is developing Xanamem, a therapy for Alzheimer's disease, and cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia, diabetes, and other disorders; and XanADu, which has completed Phase II clinical trials is a double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled study to assess the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of Xanamem in subjects with mild Alzheimer's disease. It is also developing XanaHES, a single blinded, central reader blinded, placebo-controlled, and dose escalation study of Xanamem to assess safety and tolerability in healthy elderly subjects. The company was formerly known as Actinogen Limited and changed its name to Actinogen Medical Limited in November 2015. Actinogen Medical Limited was incorporated in 1999 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Actinogen Medical units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert